Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy overpriced Volvo S60 insurance in Boston? Don’t sweat it because there are many Boston drivers thinking the same thing.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that most auto insurance policyholders have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never taken the time to shop around. Massachusetts consumers could save an average of approximately 45% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to shop their coverage around.
Steps to saving money on Volvo S60 insurance in Boston
The preferred way to find affordable quotes for Volvo S60 insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Boston. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many things that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and poor credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for instructions to get affordable coverage and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Get quotes now
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with every insurance company. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Many car insurance companies compete for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates and uncover the absolute best rate on Volvo S60 insurance in Boston.
Finding a lower price on insurance is an easy way to save money. Consumers just need to take time comparing price quotes from online providers.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it obsolete to waste gas driving to all the different insurance agencies. Doing it all online makes this process obsolete unless you want the professional abilities that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although you can get the lowest quotes online but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Massachusetts. To find cheap car insurance in Boston, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Don’t neglect these discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Online Discount – A few insurance companies will give a small break for completing your application on the internet.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current S60 insurance policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Low Mileage – Driving less may enable drivers to earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Student in College – Youth drivers living away from Boston attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will definitely lower your auto insurance premiums.
Companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, driver training, multi-policy, and youthful driver.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good driver, accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good student
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA offers discounts for AAA membership discount, good student, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- American Family includes discounts for accident-free, bundled insurance, early bird, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, and defensive driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for seat belt use, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and emergency military deployment.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, multiple policy, student away at school, anti-theft, multiple autos, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Boston.
How Insurance Companies Determine Volvo S60 Insurance Rates
Many different elements are considered when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although others are less obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The list below includes some of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Better prices for no policy lapses – Going without insurance will be a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a license revocation or jail time. You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Massachusetts motor vehicle department.
- Safer vehicles means cheaper auto insurance rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates.
- Save money with higher coverage deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims could be a dented fender, hail damage, or theft. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Add-on coverages you don’t use – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time if you don’t pay attention. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lowers premiums – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent auto theft.
- More people means more accidents – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when talking about auto insurance. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims. Urban drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commute times. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
- Performance influences insurance premiums – The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The cheapest rates are for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Getting married pays dividends – Your spouse can get you a discount on auto insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more stable financially and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Volvo S60 claim probability – Insurance companies factor in historical loss data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that the data determines to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher premium rates. The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Volvo S60 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
Volvo S60 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo S60 4dr 2WD 103 85 83 76 72 65 Volvo S60 4dr 4WD 111 73 90 65 66BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agencies near you
Some people would rather get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Boston.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to agents in your area that provide free Boston auto insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you want to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
When researching a good Boston insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Boston can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can sell insurance policies, but we need to point out how they are different since it could factor into your agent selection.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, we recommend you get several quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Boston that can give you free insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Boston that are able to give price quote information.
Picking the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- If they are an independent agency in Boston, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
Keep this in mind when shopping around
We just presented some good ideas how to compare Volvo S60 insurance prices in Boston. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Boston auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Some insurance companies may not have price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. The cheapest Volvo S60 insurance in Boston can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Boston, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection.
Steps to buying cheaper Volvo S60 insurance in Boston
It takes a little time, but the best way to save on car insurance rates in Boston is to regularly compare quotes from insurers in Massachusetts.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on S60 insurance. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new company or agent. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and to quote with every insurance company. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
More information can be found at the links below
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Boston Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Boston Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)