A recent insurance study revealed that most consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Consumers in Boston could save themselves $600 a year, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare other rate quotes.
The best way we recommend to get more affordable Pontiac G8 insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Boston.
- First, try to comprehend how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that cause high rates like traffic violations and your credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and get bigger discounts.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use identical coverages on each price quote and and to get rates from every company you can. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
How much is Pontiac G8 insurance in Boston?
To find cheaper Boston auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from many available auto insurance companies in Massachusetts. The recommended way to compare rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it takes the place of having to spend your day driving to different Boston agent offices. Comparing Pontiac G8 insurance rate quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you have a complicated situation and need the personal advice of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. You can, however, price shop your coverage online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
Just remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes increases the chance that you will find the best offered rates. Not every company allows you to get Boston G8 insurance quotes online, so you should also compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Massachusetts. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Boston, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though Boston G8 insurance rates can get expensive, auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Pontiac G8 with a loan, almost all lenders will require that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Pontiac at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Pontiac. It will also cover medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Boston insurance discounts for a Pontiac G8
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Boston auto insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on G8 insurance in Boston.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Paperless Signup – Many larger companies give back up to $50 simply for signing on your computer.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers may receive a small discount on rates.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your policy premiums.
Car insurance companies that may include most of these discounts are:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not be offered in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Massachusetts, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the lowest rates and also buy local. And providing support for local agents is important especially in Boston.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Boston who can give free rate quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Listed below is a list of insurers in Boston that are able to give price quotes for Pontiac G8 insurance in Boston.
American Agency Systems Insurance
156 Porter St – Boston, MA 02128 – (617) 418-5089 – View Map
Finding the right insurer shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions could help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- How high should deductibles be on a Pontiac G8?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Pontiac G8?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- When should I not file a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Car insurance coverage breakdown
Understanding the coverages of car insurance aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverage types available from car insurance companies.
Collision – This pays for damage to your G8 caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your G8 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses like surgery, funeral costs, nursing services, chiropractic care and prosthetic devices. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 20/40/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Frequently these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive coverage – This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer, fire damage and theft. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverages – Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 20/40/5 which means a limit of $20,000 per injured person, $40,000 for the entire accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Massachusetts requires drivers to carry at least 20/40/5 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be enough.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
Budget-conscious Pontiac G8 insurance is definitely available online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
We just covered some good ideas how to lower your Pontiac G8 insurance prices in Boston. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Other learning opportunities
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Boston Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Car Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Single Moms in Boston? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)