Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who compare rates annually are highly likely to switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey revealed that people who regularly compared rates saved as much as $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price for Hummer H2 SUT insurance in Boston is why you’re here, then having a grasp of how to choose a company and compare insurance premiums can save money and time.
The preferred way to get low-cost Hummer H2 SUT insurance in Boston is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Massachusetts. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Spend some time learning about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that drive up the price like traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
An important note is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Boston is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you have auto insurance now, you should be able to save money using these tips. You just have to learn the most efficient way to shop their coverage around from many different companies.
These discounts can cut Hummer H2 SUT insurance rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but some need to be specifically requested before being credited.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount when getting a Boston car insurance quote.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current H2 SUT insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your insurance provider.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and driver training.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, company car, paperless, group or association, mature driver, and student away at school.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, and good student.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for DriveSense, anti-theft, safety device, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, good driver, and renters.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and online signing.
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, accident-free, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- AAA offers discounts for good student, good driver, pay-in-full, anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-car, and multi-policy.
Double check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not apply in your state. To see a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Boston, click here.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Massachusetts. If you want the best car insurance in Boston, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Car insurance can get complicated
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Hummer H2 SUT?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Buying car insurance from Boston auto insurance agents
A small number of people would rather buy from a licensed agent. Agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in Boston who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- If they are an independent agency in Boston, which companies do they recommend?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you would like to find a local Boston insurance agent, there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Boston can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Boston who may provide you with price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you get several quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Boston willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Goji Insurance
31 St James Ave – Boston, MA 02116 – (888) 991-1091 – View Map
- Allston Insurance
281 Western Ave – Boston, MA 02134 – (617) 229-6413 – View Map
- F.I. Patnode Insurance Agency
396 Washington St – Brighton, MA 02135 – (617) 787-1400 – View Map
You can lower your car insurance rates
More affordable car insurance in Boston can be found from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers sell through local independent agents.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Hummer H2 SUT insurance in Boston. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Hummer H2 SUT rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Even more information is located at these sites:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Boston? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)