If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper Cadillac ATS insurance in Boston is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in Massachusetts.
- Step 1: Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that drive up the price like high-risk driving behaviors and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for the new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
A key point to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Consumers in Massachusetts could save themselves nearly $588 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
Our goal in writing this article introduce you to the best way to quote coverages. If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using the ideas you’re about to read. But Massachusetts consumers must learn the methods companies use to price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
Determine discounts on Boston car insurance
Car insurance is expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be asked about before they will apply.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Paperwork-free – Certain insurance companies will give a small break for completing your application over the internet.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Allstate and GEICO allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Boston car insurance quotes online.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, membership and employees, seat belt use, and emergency military deployment.
- Travelers discounts include driver training, student away at school, multi-policy, IntelliDrive, and good student.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for renewal discount, youthful driver, 55 and retired, driver training, multi-policy, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, new graduate, newly retired, and new vehicle discount.
- American Family includes discounts for air bags, multi-vehicle, good student, accident-free, Steer into Savings, and good driver.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your state. To choose insurance companies with significant discounts in Boston, click here.
The best way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the trick car insurance companies participate in online systems to provide you with free rate quotes. All you need to do is provide details including whether the vehicles are used for commuting, if the car is leased, if you’re married, and how much education you have. The data is submitted instantly to many different companies and you should receive rate quotes almost instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Boston.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Boston, MA. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Boston, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Do I need special coverages?
Always remember that when buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Local agents and insurance
Some consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheaper car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is especially important in Boston.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Boston who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Boston for you
When researching a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agents are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Boston who can help you get pricing information.
American Agency Systems Insurance
156 Porter St – Boston, MA 02128 – (617) 418-5089 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are trained well on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are Boston exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
Deciding on an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
If you receive good answers to all your questions and the cheapest Cadillac ATS insurance in Boston quotes, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles.
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Cadillac ATS in Boston, insurance is mandatory in Massachusetts but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cadillac ATS has a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Cadillac at an extremely high rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Cadillac as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to save money.
Car insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like pain medications, X-ray expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Cadillac ATS.
Since many Massachusetts drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Massachusetts limits are 20/40/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to people or other property. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 20/40/5 which stand for $20,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $40,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, court costs and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford. Massachusetts requires drivers to carry at least 20/40/5 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The next chart demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your ATS resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car, scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible on your ATS to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like falling objects, hitting a bird and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
More quotes mean more insurance savings
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium, policy cancellation or even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just covered many tips how you can lower your Cadillac ATS insurance car insurance rates in Boston. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Boston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Boston? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)