Want to save money and find the cheapest Jeep Compass insurance in Boston? Have you had enough of sacrificing to pay high insurance rates every month? You are no different than many other Massachusetts consumers.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most Massachusetts insurance customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could pocket approximately $859 a year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Steps to buying cheaper Jeep Compass insurance in Boston
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find more affordable Jeep Compass insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from companies in Boston. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Get an understanding of how insurance works and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and your credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Boston. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important part of this process is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
People have so many insurers to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, having more auto insurance companies makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons every six months due to the fact that insurance prices change quite often. If you had the lowest price on Jeep Compass insurance in Boston a couple years back you can probably find a better rate now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the proper way to get good coverage on Jeep Compass insurance in Boston at a lower rate.
Buy Boston Jeep Compass insurance online
Most major insurance companies give coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Jeep Compass insurance in Boston is fairly straightforward as you just type in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. When the form is submitted, their quoting system collects your driving record and credit report and provides a quote. This streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to do this if you want to find a lower rate.
If you want to compare pricing, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you will have rate quotes based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Massachusetts. To locate cheap auto insurance in Boston, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Jeep Compass insurance analysis
The premium information displayed next covers a range of insurance rates for Jeep Compass models. Understanding how rates are formulated is important for drivers to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Compass Sport 2WD||$108||$192||$320||$18||$96||$734||$61|
|Compass Sport 4WD||$124||$232||$320||$18||$96||$790||$66|
|Compass Limited 2WD||$124||$232||$320||$18||$96||$790||$66|
|Compass Limited 4WD||$124||$232||$320||$18||$96||$790||$66|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in your specific Boston location which can affect prices greatly.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents impact Jeep Compass insurance premiums for different age categories. The premiums assume a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Comparison of insurance rates by gender and age in Boston
The illustration below compares Jeep Compass insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The chart below shows the comparison of Jeep Compass insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Massachusetts minimum liability coverage. The data is based on no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule for eliminating physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Jeep Compass replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 a year for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of these ten discounts
Some providers don’t always list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on the same insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Distant Student – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Boston and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a small discount on rates.
- Onboard Data Collection – Boston drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to look at where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for cheaper premium rates.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better prices.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Compass auto insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. Data assumes a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Massachusetts state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- GEICO includes discounts for seat belt use, good student, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, and federal employee.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, student away at school, multiple autos, driver’s education, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and passive restraint.
- Esurance offers discounts including multi-car, homeowner, online shopper, Switch & Save, anti-theft, and renters.
- The Hartford may include discounts for vehicle fuel type, bundle, air bag, driver training, defensive driver, good student, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not apply to policies in Boston. If you would like to see a list of insurers offering insurance discounts in Boston, follow this link.
Three good reasons to insure your Jeep vehicle
Even though Boston Compass insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jeep has a loan, most banks will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Jeep at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $855 a year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to save money.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When choosing coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Massachusetts?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What are good deductibles for a Jeep Compass?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance quotes from local neighborhood Boston car insurance agents
Some people just want to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to companies in Boston who will give you quotes for your coverage. You never need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you wish to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Which family members are covered?
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference between them because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. They are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Boston that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Boston who can help you get rate quotes.
Auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Jeep Compass.
Since many Massachusetts drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 20/40/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Comprehensive coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from getting keyed, hail damage, theft, hitting a bird and falling objects. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Compass caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Compass to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses like pain medications, surgery and funeral costs. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Liability car insurance – This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 20/40/5 which means a $20,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $40,000 in injury protection per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like attorney fees, funeral expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible. Massachusetts requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/5 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.