Buying lower-cost Boston Jeep Cherokee insurance quotes on the web may seem to be problematic for consumers who are new to buying insurance on the web. With literally dozens of insurance companies available, how can anyone efficiently compare every company to locate better car insurance prices?
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who get comparison quotes once a year are very likely to buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rates once a year saved over $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the best price on auto insurance in Boston is the reason you’re reading this, learning how to find and compare coverage rates can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
You should take the time to do rate comparisons occasionally because insurance rates change regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest premium rates on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Boston last year other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the tricks you need to know to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Companies offering Jeep Cherokee insurance in Massachusetts
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Massachusetts. To locate cheap car insurance in Boston, MA, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Some insurers don’t always publicize all discounts very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Boston car insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow companies to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Boston can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Jeep Cherokee insurance.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The best auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, anti-theft, student away at school, multiple policy, good student, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO may have discounts that include military active duty, defensive driver, anti-theft, membership and employees, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, safe driver, accident prevention training, homeowner, anti-theft, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for good student, multi-car, early shopping, teen driver, and alternative fuel.
- AAA may include discounts for pay-in-full, anti-theft, multi-car, education and occupation, and good student.
- USAA includes discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, new vehicle, family discount, military installation, and loyalty savings.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not apply in Boston. For a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Massachusetts, follow this link.
Local insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and also buy local. And buying from local agents is still important in Boston.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to companies in Boston who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking a company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Boston should know the answers to these questions.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
Boston auto insurance companies
Finding a highly-rated insurer is difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Boston. The company rank data shown below can help you pick which companies you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- 21st Century
Auto insurance policy coverages for a Jeep Cherokee
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverage protection
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Cherokee to bring the cost down.
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 20/40/5 which means $20,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $40,000, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims like bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage, emergency aid and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Massachusetts state minimum liability requirements are 20/40/5 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as falling objects, fire damage, vandalism, hail damage and damage from flooding. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Jeep Cherokee.
Since many Massachusetts drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 20/40/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for nursing services, doctor visits, chiropractic care, EMT expenses and hospital visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
You just read a lot of ways to reduce Jeep Cherokee insurance prices online in Boston. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
Some companies may not provide online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents. Cost effective Jeep Cherokee insurance is attainable from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Jeep Cherokee insurance in Boston
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Boston is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers in Massachusetts.
- Learn about individual coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like getting speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Cherokee coverage is available in Boston. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the newly selected company. Don’t forget to place your new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A tip to remember is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Additional learning opportunities
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Boston Car Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Kia Optima in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants in Boston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Boston? (FAQ)
- How Much is Boston Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)