Comparison shopping for more affordable Mercury Montego insurance in Boston can be very difficult for people who are new to buying insurance online. With such a large choice of companies, it can easily be a lot of work to find better prices on Mercury Montego insurance.
How to find cheaper rates for Mercury Montego insurance in Boston
It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper Mercury Montego insurance in Boston is to compare quotes annually from different companies in Massachusetts.
- First, take a little time to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a not-so-good credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Start a quote
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Boston. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, keep the new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
An essential thing to point out is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that about 70% of customers have been with the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
It’s a great practice to compare prices once or twice a year because prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Mercury Montego insurance in Boston on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you the best way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Ways to get Mercury Montego insurance price quotes in Boston, MA
There are several ways of comparing rates from car insurance companies in your area. The easiest way by far to lower the rate you pay for insurance is to jump online and get quotes.
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing more quotes will enable you to find the best rates.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Massachusetts. If you want the best cheap car insurance in Boston, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mercury, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mercury for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Mercury Montego but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Mercury gets damaged, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
Six Tips to Get Cheaper Boston Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Inexpensive frequent claims are not good – Car insurance companies in Massachusetts give discounts to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Where do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your Mercury each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies charge rates based on their usage. Autos left parked in the garage receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet correctly shows the right rating data. A policy that improperly rates your Montego is throwing money out the window.
Good credit means lower premiums – A driver’s credit rating is a large factor in determining your rates. People with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings. So if your credit score is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Mercury Montego by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Men pay more for auto insurance – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Both genders have accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
Vehicle options impact rates – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
Driving citations increase costs – Careful drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Only having one driving citation may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who get severe violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
Quote often and quote early
Lower-priced Mercury Montego insurance in Boston can be found from both online companies and with local Boston insurance agents, so you need to shop Boston auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not offer rate quotes online and usually these regional carriers sell through local independent agents.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, finding a new insurance company is easier than you think.
We just showed you many ways to shop for Mercury Montego insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Steps to saving on Mercury Montego insurance in Boston
Truthfully, the best way to save on Mercury Montego insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Boston.
- Try to comprehend car insurance and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher prices like tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit history can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Montego insurance in Boston. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new company or agent. As soon as you have the new policy, put the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to look at every insurance company. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Much more information about insurance in Massachusetts can be read at the links below
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)