Sadly, almost 70% of insureds kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in Massachusetts could save up to $600 each year, but they don’t want to take the time to shop around.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find lower priced auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from insurers who can sell car insurance in Boston.
- Try to learn about how insurance works and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Tiburon coverage is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. This ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
Companies offering Hyundai Tiburon insurance in Boston
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Massachusetts. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Boston, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lower rate quotes on Hyundai Tiburon insurance in Boston with these five discounts
Car insurance companies do not list every policy discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Boston drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance on a new Tiburon is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for completing your application online.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The best car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers discounts for five-year accident-free, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, defensive driver, multi-policy, and daytime running lights.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for group or association, safe driver, multi-policy, company car, good student, student away at school, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family may have discounts that include early bird, defensive driver, good driver, mySafetyValet, good student, and Steer into Savings.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including emergency road assistance, Switch & Save, paid-in-full, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, safe vehicle, student away at school, driver’s education, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- AAA includes discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good student, pay-in-full, multi-car, good driver, and multi-policy.
If you want inexpensive Boston car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in every state. If you would like to view companies who offer free Hyundai Tiburon insurance quotes in Boston, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Many people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent. Supporting local agents is important particularly in Boston.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Boston that can give you free Boston car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to drive around since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Agencies in Boston are categorized either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part.
If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Boston who may provide free insurance rate quotes.
- DMC Insurance Agency Inc
100 High St # 2800 – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 451-0100 – View Map
- Cecil N Marchionne Insurance Agency, Inc
506 Main St – Medford, MA 02155 – (781) 391-7100 – View Map
- Kaplansky Insurance
114 Harvard St – Brookline, MA 02446 – (617) 738-5400 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only write with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Boston that can give you rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Boston?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like theft, damage from flooding, hitting a deer and hitting a bird. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Tiburon to bring the cost down.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses for doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses and ambulance fees. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Massachusetts drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (20/40/5), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability auto insurance – This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 20/40/5 that translate to a $20,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, court costs, medical expenses, loss of income and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Massachusetts state law requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to get a better price on Hyundai Tiburon insurance in Boston. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies.
Lower-priced insurance in Boston is available both online in addition to many Boston insurance agents, so you need to quote Boston car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Boston Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Veterans in Boston? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)