The preferred way to get budget Honda HR-V insurance is to do an annual price comparison from companies in Boston.
- Step 1: Try to understand coverages and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many things that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new coverage. Make sure you put the new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
One thing to remember is to try to use similar coverage information on every quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who compare rates at least once a year are very likely to move their business because there is a high probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent study showed that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved an average of $72 a month compared to those who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving the most money on auto insurance in Boston is your ultimate objective, then learning a little about the best way to shop and compare insurance premiums can help you be more efficient.
If you have coverage now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Boston is not rocket science. Comparison shoppers just need to understand the most effective way to shop from many different companies.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Massachusetts. To buy the best auto insurance in Boston, MA, we recommend you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Honda at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Auto insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked for before you will receive the discount. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Early Switch Discount – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current HR-V insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best auto insurance rates as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Sign Online – A few insurance companies will provide an incentive for signing up on the web.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper HR-V insurance.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Companies that possibly offer most of these discounts include:
When quoting, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Boston. If you would like to view auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Boston, click here.
How to know if you need help
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Honda HR-V?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.