It takes a little time, but the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Boston is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Massachusetts. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies. View prices
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on XLR insurance in Boston. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. Be sure to put the new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Astonishing but true, nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Boston drivers could save an average of roughly 45% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they think it’s difficult to compare rate quotes.
If you have a current insurance policy, you will be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Quoting and comparing rates for the most affordable policy in Boston is quite easy. But Massachusetts vehicle owners must learn how the larger insurance companies determine prices and use it to find better rates.
To get the cheapest Cadillac XLR rate quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rates from many auto insurance companies in Massachusetts. One of the best ways to comparison shop is to use the internet to compare rates.
Keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting the best price. Not every company provides Boston XLR insurance quotes online, so you should also compare prices from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Boston, MA. If your goal is to find the best cheap car insurance in Boston, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Lower-cost Boston auto insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Boston car insurance online.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on XLR insurance in Boston.
- Accident Free – Boston drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, defensive driving training, accident-free, good driver, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for multi-policy, preferred payment discount, new move discount, multi-car, good student, and new vehicle discount.
- American Family may offer discounts for good student, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, good driver, defensive driver, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for bundle discounts, mature driver, business and professional, teen driver, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for multi-policy, mature driver, paperless, multiple vehicles, company car, teen driver, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, drive less, accident prevention training, anti-theft, teen safe driver, and safe driver.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent how you can save money. Savings may not apply to policies in your area. For a list of auto insurance companies with the best Cadillac XLR insurance discounts in Boston, click this link.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Boston, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Cadillac for a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Cadillac as the result of the weather or an accident, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your XLR more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Boston overpays as much as $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Neighborhood Boston auto insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local agencies is important especially in Boston.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, there are two types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
These agents often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you need to compare quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Most also have access to smaller companies which can save you money.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in Boston that may be able to give free car insurance rate quotes.
- Goji Insurance
31 St James Ave – Boston, MA 02116 – (888) 991-1091 – View Map
- One Call Insurance
121 Tremont St – Boston, MA 02135 – (617) 782-2255 – View Map
- Baltic Insurance Agency
597 E Broadway – South Boston, MA 02127 – (617) 268-6030 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are very knowledgeable on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive agents in Boston willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Any good agent in Boston should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?