Astonishing but true according to a recent study, about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. With the average insurance premium being $1,430, Boston drivers could save 45% every year, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Boston is to annually compare prices from providers that sell auto insurance in Massachusetts. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
First, try to comprehend how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to analyze as many companies as you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Cheap Boston Toyota Prius Prime insurance
All the larger auto insurance companies provide price estimates direct online. The process is very simple as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire on the page. Once you submit the form, their rating system gets reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote determined by many factors.
Quoting online for Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Boston makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s necessary to do this in order to find lower-cost prices.
If you want to compare rates using this form now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you will have a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Massachusetts. If your goal is to find the best cheap auto insurance in Boston, MA, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of discounts
Some providers don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous insurance savings.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Home Ownership Discount – Being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for multiple cars on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
To see a list of providers offering insurance discounts in Boston, click this link.
Boston car insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from a highly-rated insurer is difficult considering how many companies there are in Massachusetts. The ranking data in the lists below could help you choose which insurers you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 93%
- The Hartford – 93%
- The General – 91%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Mercury Insurance – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Overall
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
Lower the Price of Car Insurance with These Tips
Many factors are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but some are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
The items below are some of the things companies use to determine rates.
- Physical damage deductibles – The deductibles are how much you are required to spend before your car insurance pays a claim. Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be rear-ending another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
- Rural areas have lower prices – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Lower population means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. People in densely populated areas regularly have much more traffic and more severe claims. The longer drive time can result in more accidents.
- When should you file insurance claims? – Car insurance companies in Massachusetts provide lower rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Insurance prices and vehicle performance – The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. The most favorable rates will generally be found on smaller low performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Pay lower prices if you’re married – Having a significant other may cut your premiums on your car insurance bill. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping car theft.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Not maintaining insurance can get you a ticket and companies may charge more for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a license revocation or jail time. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Massachusetts motor vehicle department.
- Drive less and save – The more you drive your Toyota in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles cost less to insure than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance declarations sheet correctly shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An improperly rated Prius Prime is just wasting money.