Astonishing but true, the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Drivers in Massachusetts could save themselves 45% a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in Boston is to regularly compare price quotes from companies who sell insurance in Massachusetts.
Step 1: Try to comprehend how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and your credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper 9-3 coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. When you receive it, store the proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Boston is quite easy. If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using the techniques presented in this article. Nevertheless, Massachusetts drivers must comprehend the way companies market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
The best way we recommend to compare rate quotes for Saab 9-3 insurance in Boston is to take advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers actually pay money for the chance to give free rates quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give them some information including if a SR-22 is required, your occupation, driver ages, and if it has an alarm system. That rating data is instantly sent to many of the top insurers and they return rate quotes with very little delay.
To compare rates for your Saab 9-3 now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Massachusetts. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Boston, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
Affordable Boston car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Boston without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your rates slightly.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Saab 9-3 annual premium costs with and without discounts applied. The data is based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Massachusetts state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers with the best Saab 9-3 insurance discounts in Boston in Massachusetts, click here.
Car insurance analysis for a Saab 9-3
The information below covers estimates of insurance coverage prices for Saab 9-3 models. Being more informed about how auto insurance premiums are determined can help customers make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|9-3 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$154||$316||$298||$18||$90||$876||$73|
|9-3 2.0T Station Wagon||$154||$316||$298||$18||$90||$876||$73|
|9-3 2.0T XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$154||$316||$298||$18||$90||$876||$73|
|9-3 Aero 4-Dr Sedan||$172||$364||$298||$18||$90||$942||$79|
|9-3 2.0T 2-Dr Convertible||$172||$364||$350||$20||$106||$1,012||$84|
|9-3 2.0T XWD Station Wagon||$172||$364||$298||$18||$90||$942||$79|
|9-3 Aero Station Wagon||$172||$364||$298||$18||$90||$942||$79|
|9-3 Aero XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$172||$364||$298||$18||$90||$942||$79|
|9-3 Aero 2-Dr Convertible||$190||$412||$350||$20||$106||$1,078||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can influence coverage rates substantially.
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Saab 9-3 insurance prices for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The example below shows the difference between Saab 9-3 annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula to eliminate full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Saab 9-3 replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Get Cheap Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
Lots of factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The following are a few of the things used by your company to calculate your prices.
- Save money with responsible credit – A driver’s credit score factor in your rate calculation. If your credit score could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Saab 9-3 by improving your credit score. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores.
Tickets can be expensive – Just one driving citation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who have received multiple violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can affect Saab 9-3 car insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Drive less and get lower prices – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you will pay for insurance. Most insurance companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. Verify your insurance coverage is showing annual mileage. Incorrect rating for your 9-3 can result in significantly higher rates.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Lots of insurance companies will give better rates to buyers that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, it’s in your best interest to check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most. Consumers may find lower rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Is you vocation costing you more? – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like doctors, police officers, and medical professionals have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to intense work requirements and lengthy work days. Other jobs such as farmers, engineers and retirees pay the least.
- Five star NHTSA crash test rating saves money – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If the Saab 9-3 has at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
Does car insurance cost less for gals? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both genders tend to get into auto accidents in similar numbers, but the males have costlier accidents. Men also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
The information below compares Saab 9-3 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
High premiums for teen drivers – Drivers with little experience are known to be less responsible with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates. Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.