Want to know how to find more affordable Chevy City Express insurance in Boston? Nobody that owns a car likes paying for insurance, especially when they know the cost is too high.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who shop around for better prices are likely to switch insurance companies because the odds are good of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey discovered that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved about $860 a year compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding the best price on auto insurance in Boston is the reason you’re reading this, then having an understanding of how to shop and compare coverages can save time and make the process easier.
With drivers having so many companies and agents to choose from, it can be difficult for people to locate a more affordable insurance provider.
Most of the larger companies like State Farm and Allstate allow consumers to get coverage price quotes from their websites. Getting Chevy City Express insurance prices online doesn’t take much effort as you just type in your personal and coverage information into a form. Once you submit the form, their system orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information based on these and other factors. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s necessary to perform this step if you want to find a lower rate.
If you want to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you replicate the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. This guarantees you’re receiving rate quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Boston, MA. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Boston, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and data analysis
The table displayed below showcases different rate quotes for Chevy City Express models. Understanding more about how insurance prices are formulated can help guide drivers when making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$180||$332||$404||$24||$122||$1,062||$89|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$180||$404||$404||$24||$122||$1,134||$95|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$206||$404||$404||$24||$122||$1,160||$97|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$206||$404||$404||$24||$122||$1,160||$97|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$206||$404||$404||$24||$122||$1,160||$97|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$206||$404||$404||$24||$122||$1,160||$97|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$206||$404||$404||$24||$122||$1,160||$97|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$206||$404||$404||$24||$122||$1,160||$97|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$206||$404||$404||$24||$122||$1,160||$97|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$206||$476||$404||$24||$122||$1,232||$103|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$206||$476||$404||$24||$122||$1,232||$103|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$206||$476||$404||$24||$122||$1,232||$103|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$206||$476||$404||$24||$122||$1,232||$103|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$232||$476||$404||$24||$122||$1,258||$105|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$232||$476||$404||$24||$122||$1,258||$105|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$232||$476||$404||$24||$122||$1,258||$105|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$232||$476||$404||$24||$122||$1,258||$105|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$232||$476||$404||$24||$122||$1,258||$105|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$232||$476||$404||$24||$122||$1,258||$105|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$232||$476||$404||$24||$122||$1,258||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease insurance rates greatly.
Safe drivers pay less for auto insurance
The information below shows how violations and accidents impact Chevy City Express annual premium costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Get cheaper Chevy City Express insurance rates in Boston
Some providers do not advertise all possible discounts very clearly, so the below list has some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Telematics Discount – Boston drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to track where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one insurance company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give lower premium rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like State Farm and GEICO permit an accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The information below shows the comparison of Chevy City Express auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The costs are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Massachusetts state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few companies that may have some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To locate companies offering insurance discounts in Boston, click this link.
Three good reasons to insure your Chevy vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy City Express in Boston, paying for auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your City Express, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Many drivers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Boston.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Boston that can provide free Boston auto insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to get a price quote for a specific company, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
If you need to find an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance policy providers are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company so they can write business amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to check rates from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Boston who can help you get rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Boston who can help you get price quotes.
Choosing an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Boston, get answers to these questions.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Which family members are covered?
- What companies can they write with?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?