Do you want a faster way to compare lower-priced Ford Five Hundred insurance in Boston? Comparison shopping for cheaper Ford Five Hundred insurance in Boston could be kind of frustrating for drivers new to online price comparisons. People have so many choices that it can easily be a real hassle to find the best prices.
Astonishing but true, almost 70% of drivers in Massachusetts have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never shopped around. Consumers in the United States could pocket 46.5% a year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Boston is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you already have coverage, you should be able to lower your rates using the concepts covered in this article. But Massachusetts drivers should learn how companies market on the web and use it to find better rates.
It’s important to know that quoting more helps improve the odds of finding the best price. Some smaller insurers do not give online Boston Five Hundred insurance quotes, so you also need to get rates from them, too.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Boston, MA. To locate cheaper car insurance in Boston, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Boston, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ford, most lenders will require that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Ford for a lot more money and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies every year to save money.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation may require specific advice.
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- What is glass protection for?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverage types available from auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and hitting a deer. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Five Hundred caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your Five Hundred in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 20/40/5 which means $20,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like funeral expenses, emergency aid, legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Massachusetts state minimum liability requirements are 20/40/5 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why buying low liability limits may not be adequate.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Ford Five Hundred.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (20/40/5), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses like surgery, EMT expenses and hospital visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Car insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from a good quality auto insurance company is difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Massachusetts. The rank data listed below may help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider putting your business with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
A few companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies. Budget-friendly insurance in Boston can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
When you buy Boston car insurance online, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
How to find cheaper Ford Five Hundred insurance in Boston
The recommended way to get more affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Boston.
- Read and learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new insurance company. Once coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important part of this process is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on each quote request and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Boston? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Boston Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)