It’s a fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who compare price quotes will, in all likelihood, switch companies because they have a good chance of finding discount prices. A recent survey revealed that drivers who shopped around annually saved about $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding discount rates on insurance in Boston is the reason you’re here, then having some insight into how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance coverage can make shopping around easier.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Boston is to regularly compare price quotes from providers in Massachusetts.
- Read about policy coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that result in higher rates such as getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides information to get cheaper coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you have a current car insurance policy or just want a better rate, use these techniques to reduce the price you pay and still have adequate protection. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Boston is easy if you know what you’re doing. Vehicle owners only need to know the most efficient way to compare rate quotes on the web.
Get cheaper Fiat 500 insurance rates in Boston
Some insurance providers do not list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Professional Organizations – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Good Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Boston auto insurance with certain companies.
- E-sign – Certain companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the internet.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Insurance companies that may offer most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
When quoting, ask each company how you can save money. Some credits might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To choose providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Massachusetts, click here.
The best way to compare policy rates for Fiat 500 insurance in Boston is to know the fact car insurance companies will pay a fee to give you rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them some information such as how you use your vehicles, driver details, any included safety features, and if you require a SR-22. The rating information gets transmitted to many highly-rated insurers and they provide comparison quotes immediately.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Boston, MA. If you want to find the best car insurance in Boston, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you better auto insurance rates.
Annual mileage impacts rates – The more you drive your Fiat every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Improper usage on your 500 can cost quite a bit. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle.
Add-on coverages push up costs – Policies have add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverages like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
More stress means more cost – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers like military generals, social workers, and dentists usually pay higher average rates because of job stress and long work days. Conversely, jobs like farmers, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
Policy lapses lead to higher premiums – Driving without insurance coverage in place can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in fines and jail time. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Massachusetts department of motor vehicles.
Insurance rates and vehicle performance – The type of car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. Economy passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Keep auto insurance rates low by being claim-free – Companies in Massachusetts award the best rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Gender matters – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. They both get in accidents in similar numbers, but men get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 cause the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – The majority of companies apply discounts to customers that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to compare other Boston 500 insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a chance you can save even more by buying insurance from more than one company.
Insurance loss statistics a Fiat 500 – Auto insurance companies use claims history to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher cost to insure.
The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Fiat 500 vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger losses.
|Specific Fiat Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Fiat 500 Convertible||76||79||60||85|
|Fiat 500 Electric||73||59||76||60|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I contact an agent?
Some people still prefer to get advice from a local agent. Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Boston who will give you bids to get your business. There is no reason to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Boston should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Boston?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Are they full-time agents?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Once you have received positive responses to these questions and locked in a price quote, you may have just found a company that meets the requirements to service your policy. Just remember you can cancel your coverage any time you want so never feel you are locked into the car insurance policy for any length of time.
Why you need insurance for your Fiat vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Fiat 500 has a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Fiat at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves both your Fiat and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Fiat gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Massachusetts is overpaying more than $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to ensure rates are inline.
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
Cheaper Fiat 500 insurance in Boston is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents in Boston, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to save on Fiat 500 insurance in Boston. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
More learning opportunities
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Boston Car Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)