Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of auto insurance customers in Massachusetts have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never taken the time to shop around. American insurance shoppers could save approximately 47% each year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find discount Fiat 124 Spider insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Boston.
First, try to learn a little about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides additional ideas to help keep rates affordable and get bigger discounts.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies. View prices
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
How to compare Boston Fiat 124 Spider insurance price quotes
Most major insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get pricing on the web. Getting online rates for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Boston can be done by anyone as you just enter your coverage preferences on the page. After you complete the form, the quote system pulls your driving and credit reports and provides a quote based on the data you entered.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Boston helps simplify price comparisons, and it is important to do this if you want to get the most affordable insurance rates.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, check out the insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in coverages and limits identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Massachusetts. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Boston, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Why insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will require that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Fiat for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves your Fiat 124 Spider and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Boston is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Take policy discounts and save on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Boston
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount available very well, so below is a list a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Boston car insurance with select insurance companies.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for all your vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Boston car insurance quote.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Boston car insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your home and auto policy with one company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper 124 Spider insurance.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will cut your insurance premiums.
Large insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- American Family offers premium reductions for air bags, early bird, multi-vehicle, good driver, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, and TimeAway discount.
- Farm Bureau discounts include renewal discount, driver training, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm may offer discounts for anti-theft, accident-free, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- Travelers may include discounts for new car, multi-policy, student away at school, hybrid/electric vehicle, and home ownership.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, bundle, driver training, good student, defensive driver, and air bag.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, defensive driver, daytime running lights, military active duty, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, and good student.
If you want affordable Boston car insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your area.
When to contact an insurance agent
Some people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in Boston.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Boston who want to provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance agents are categorized either exclusive or independent. Both sell auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you compare prices from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also have access to less well-known companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Featured below are independent insurance agencies in Boston that may be able to give you price quotes.
- F.I. Patnode Insurance Agency
396 Washington St – Brighton, MA 02135 – (617) 787-1400 – View Map
- Cecil N Marchionne Insurance Agency, Inc
506 Main St – Medford, MA 02155 – (781) 391-7100 – View Map
- H. Levenbaum Insurance Agency
1534 Dorchester Ave – Dorchester, MA 02122 – (617) 825-3900 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
The following are Boston exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are they full-time agents?
After getting reasonable responses and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an insurance agent that meets the criteria to adequately provide auto insurance. But keep in mind you can always terminate coverage at any time so don’t feel that you’re stuck with a policy for the full policy term.
Which auto insurance company is best in Boston?
Finding the highest-rated car insurance company can be challenging considering how many choices you have in Massachusetts. The rank data in the next section could help you decide which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 93%
- The Hartford – 93%
- The General – 91%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Mercury Insurance – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
Affordable coverage is out there
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we presented many ideas to compare Fiat 124 Spider insurance premium rates in Boston. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Lower-priced Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Boston is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer rates over the internet and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Business Use in Boston? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)