Really, the only way to find affordable Toyota Sienna insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from providers that insure vehicles in Boston. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a bad credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Boston. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the newly selected company. When you receive it, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
Amazingly, the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in Massachusetts could save as much as 45% every year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Best companies for Toyota Sienna insurance
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Boston, MA. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Boston, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and statistics
The rate table displayed below showcases a range of coverage costs for Toyota Sienna models. Being more informed about how insurance rates are formulated is important to be able to make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sienna LE AWD||$234||$400||$344||$20||$104||$1,102||$92|
|Sienna XLE AWD||$234||$472||$344||$20||$104||$1,174||$98|
|Sienna Limited AWD||$266||$472||$344||$20||$104||$1,206||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific location which can change coverage prices noticeably.
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Toyota Sienna insurance premiums for each age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Companies don’t list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Boston car insurance online.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with cheaper premium rates.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Sienna insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers get the best auto insurance rates in comparison with bad drivers.
- Good Student – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Boston car insurance quote. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Sienna car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Massachusetts state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To see a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Massachusetts, click this link.
Components of Your Toyota Sienna Insurance Costs
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the things that are used to determine your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower rates. Many factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
- Credit score impacts premium premiums – Having a good credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay. If your credit score is not that good, you could save money insuring your Toyota Sienna if you improve your credit rating. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit scores.
- Costs and your address – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People in densely populated areas have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. More time on the road means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Youthful drivers cost more – Beginning drivers in Massachusetts are proven to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a teen driver onto a policy can be quite pricey. Older people are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.
The following data is based on a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance of the vehicle you need to insure makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest base rates are usually for small economy passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The data below is based on a single male driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Toyota Sienna rates compared to other makes and models that have different risk factors.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Some insurance companies give a discount to clients who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most. Consumers may save money by buying insurance from more than one company.
Pay more by driving carelessly – Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Careful drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers who get multiple citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders influence Toyota Sienna car insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Toyota Sienna statistical loss data – Car insurance companies use data from past claims to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have increased rates. The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Toyota Sienna vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Toyota Sienna Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Sienna 2WD 99 88 99 94 98 85 Toyota Sienna 4WD 106 94 102 75 65 73BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Boston auto insurance agents?
A lot of people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Boston.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your business. You never need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Listed below are agents in Boston who can help you get price quote information for Toyota Sienna insurance in Boston.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- If they are an independent agency in Boston, which companies do they recommend?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
One last thing to lower rates
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
You just learned a lot of techniques to get a better price on Toyota Sienna insurance in Boston. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Toyota Sienna insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Boston Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Boston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Boston Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)