To save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from different companies who sell auto insurance in Boston. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, try to comprehend how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and a negative credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for additional ideas to find cheap rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies. Start a quote
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. Once coverage is bound, keep the new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are very likely to buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent insurance study discovered that people who shopped around saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance is the reason you’re reading this, knowing how to choose a company and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in saving money.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Boston, MA. If you want the cheapest car insurance in Boston, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Why you need Suzuki vehicle insurance in Massachusetts
Despite the high insurance cost for a Suzuki Aerio in Boston, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Suzuki Aerio has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Suzuki at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Suzuki Aerio but also your financial assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Massachusetts is overpaying over $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best insurance rates in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car model is cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To locate insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Massachusetts, click this link.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured’s situation is different and your insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Massachusetts auto insurance companies ranked
Finding a good quality car insurance provider is hard considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Massachusetts. The ranking data shown next may help you analyze which providers to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm