It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who shop around annually will probably switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey found that consumers who routinely shopped around saved $865 annually compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding low prices for Honda S2000 insurance is why you’re here, then understanding the best way to shop and compare insurance premiums can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from companies who can sell car insurance in Boston. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Read about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like traffic citations and a low credit score can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for tips to lower rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new insurance company. Once received, place your new proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
This article’s intent is to tell you how insurance works and also save some money in the process If you currently have auto insurance, you will definitely be able to find better prices using the ideas presented in this article. But Massachusetts vehicle owners do need to know the way companies determine what you pay and take advantage of how the system works.
Companies offering Honda S2000 insurance in Boston
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Boston, MA. To find the cheapest auto insurance in Boston, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Auto insurance is expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but some need to be asked about before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Boston can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting auto insurance coverage on a new S2000 can be considerably cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount will definitely lower the cost of your policy.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, good student, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for bundle discounts, teen driver, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, and homeowner.
- GEICO may offer discounts for good student, driver training, air bags, federal employee, and multi-policy.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including Steer into Savings, good driver, early bird, bundled insurance, air bags, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Nationwide has savings for multi-policy, easy pay, defensive driving, anti-theft, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply to policies in Boston. To view insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Massachusetts, click this link.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people still like to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting small agencies is especially important in Boston.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to companies in Boston that can give you free Boston car insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to find an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you would like to find a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures to choose from. Agencies in Boston are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Most also write with less well-known companies which may have better rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Boston who may be able to give you free price quotes.
- Merrimack Valley Insurance Agency Inc
655 Boston Rd #1a – Billerica, MA 01821 – (978) 330-6985 – View Map
- A-Affordable Insurance Agency, Inc.
55 Union St – Boston, MA 02108 – (617) 924-4915 – View Map
- Cavanaugh Insurance Agency
75 Boston-Providence Turnpike – Norwood, MA 02062 – (781) 762-3400 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Boston who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Massachusetts?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Boston?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices or policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Cheap Honda S2000 insurance in Boston is attainable online as well as from insurance agents, so get free Boston car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not have price quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agencies.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Boston? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Boston? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)