Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who get price quotes annually are likely to move their business because there is a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A study discovered that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest rates on Chrysler 200 insurance is your objective, then having some knowledge of how to get price quotes and compare insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
Really, the only way to find the cheapest price for Chrysler 200 insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurers in Boston. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as getting speeding tickets and a poor credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates now
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Boston. If you can save money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the newly selected company. Once received, store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One piece of advice is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Boston is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you are already insured, you should be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. Consumers just need to use the proper methods to quote multiple rates instantly.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Some insurance providers do not list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more well known and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current 200 insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy life insurance.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO has discounts for defensive driver, driver training, good student, air bags, seat belt use, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO offers discounts for homeowner, teen safety rewards, drive less, safe driver, accident prevention training, multi-car, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and defensive driving training.
- MetLife discounts include good student, accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for 55 and older, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, good student, and early bird.
- Progressive has savings for good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and homeowner.
Double check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Boston. If you would like to view insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Boston, click this link.
Getting more affordable insurance pricing is a fairly straight forward process. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing price quotes to see which company has affordable Chrysler 200 insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Massachusetts. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Boston, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
When do I need to talk to an agent?
A small number of people still like to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company requires more thought than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How long has their agency been open in Boston?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Learn about auto insurance coverages for a Chrysler 200
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Chrysler 200.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 20/40/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Liability coverages – Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 20/40/5 that translate to $20,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $40,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like structural damage, attorney fees, legal defense fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Massachusetts requires drivers to carry at least 20/40/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Coverage for medical expenses – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills like dental work, X-ray expenses, doctor visits, ambulance fees and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your 200 to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive auto insurance – This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a bird. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Cheap insurance is out there
There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies. More affordable insurance in Boston is attainable online and also from your neighborhood Boston agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, policy cancellation, policy non-renewal and high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is easier than you think.
More tips and info about insurance can be read by following these links:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Boston Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Boston? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)