The best way we recommend to save on car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who provide car insurance in Boston. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about car insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like traffic violations and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to analyze every company you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who get price comparisons will presumably move their business because of the good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent study showed that consumers who routinely shopped around saved over $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the most affordable Subaru BRZ insurance is your ultimate goal, knowing how to get price quotes and compare insurance can help you be more efficient.
Get cheaper Subaru BRZ insurance rates in Boston
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- E-sign Discounts – Some companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with some car insurance companies.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will cut your overall premium however.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts for five-year accident-free, driver training, anti-theft, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, anti-theft, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, and passive restraint.
- Esurance has savings for DriveSense, renters, multi-car, multi-policy, and good driver.
- The Hartford discounts include air bag, defensive driver, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
Double check with all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to view car insurance companies that offer discounts in Massachusetts, follow this link.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates in your area utilizes the fact most insurance companies participate in online systems to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like what you do for a living, whether you have decent credit, whether you are married, and coverage limits. Your insurance information is then submitted to all major companies and they provide comparison quotes quickly.
To compare multiple company affordable Subaru BRZ insurance rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Boston.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Boston, MA. In order to find the best cheap car insurance in Boston, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions may help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Subaru BRZ?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Boston car insurance agent
A small number of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Boston who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best provider needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Boston
When searching for local Boston agents, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Boston may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type write business for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are highly trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Boston who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Below are Boston independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Boyd Insurance Agency
296 Bennington St – Boston, MA 02128 – (617) 567-5710 – View Map
- State Fund Insurance
#1601, 100 Summer St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 956-9999 – View Map
- American Agency Systems Insurance
156 Porter St – Boston, MA 02128 – (617) 418-5089 – View Map
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
When you buy Boston car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We covered many tips how you can save on Subaru BRZ insurance in Boston. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Subaru BRZ rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Much more information about car insurance in Massachusetts is located at the links below
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)