Inconceivable but true, a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Consumers in Boston could save themselves approximately $600 a year, but they don’t want to spend time to compare other rate quotes.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Boston.
First, it will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a poor credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Versa coverage is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for the new policy. Once received, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
If you already have coverage or need a new policy, you can use these tips to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Obtaining price quotes for affordable policy in Boston is not as difficult as people think. Consumers just need to use the quickest way to compare company rates over the internet.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to know car insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with free rate quotes. All you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as an estimate of your credit level, if you’re married, the make and model of your vehicles, and distance driven. Those rating factors is submitted instantly to many different companies and you get price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Massachusetts. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Boston, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Protect more than your vehicle
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Boston, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Nissan Versa, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Nissan gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Versa are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Nissan Versa detailed coverage information
The premium table displayed below covers a range of insurance rates for Nissan Versa models. Learning more about how auto insurance prices are established can aid in making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Versa 1.6 SEDAN||$212||$440||$452||$26||$136||$1,266||$106|
|Versa 1.8 S Hatchback||$250||$630||$452||$26||$136||$1,494||$125|
|Versa 1.8 S SEDAN||$250||$630||$452||$26||$136||$1,494||$125|
|Versa 1.8 SL Hatchback||$286||$726||$452||$26||$136||$1,626||$136|
|Versa 1.8 SL SEDAN||$286||$726||$452||$26||$136||$1,626||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in zip code location which can raise or lower auto insurance rates noticeably.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but a few need to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- No Claim Discounts – Boston drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts compared to policyholders that have many claims.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will cut your policy cost.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Versa insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The information is based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Massachusetts state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, multiple autos, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and accident-free.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Travelers has discounts for continuous insurance, multi-policy, driver training, early quote, save driver, and IntelliDrive.
- American Family may include discounts for TimeAway discount, early bird, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for teen driver discount, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, newly married, new vehicle discount, and hybrid vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not apply in every state.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to your policy for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Should I rate my Nissan Versa as pleasure use or commute?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- If my Nissan Versa is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
What is the best auto insurance company in Boston?
Picking the highest-rated auto insurance company is hard considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Massachusetts. The company ratings shown next can help you select which providers to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The General
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
- 21st Century
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm