Unbelievable but true, almost 70% of insureds have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Drivers in Massachusetts can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the benefits if they just switched companies.
If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates in Boston is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in Massachusetts. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many things that increase rates like traffic violations, accidents, and your credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new insurer. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Best companies for competitive Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance in Massachusetts
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Boston, MA. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Boston, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance coverage information
The premium table below highlights a range of insurance policy prices for Cadillac Escalade ESV models. Being more informed about how insurance quotes are figured can help customers make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade ESV 2WD||$208||$364||$350||$20||$106||$1,048||$87|
|Escalade ESV 4WD||$208||$364||$350||$20||$106||$1,048||$87|
|Escalade ESV Luxury Edition 2WD||$208||$364||$350||$20||$106||$1,048||$87|
|Escalade ESV Premium Edition 2WD||$208||$364||$350||$20||$106||$1,048||$87|
|Escalade ESV Luxury Edition 4WD||$208||$364||$350||$20||$106||$1,048||$87|
|Escalade ESV Premium Edition 4WD||$226||$412||$350||$20||$106||$1,114||$93|
|Escalade ESV Platinum Edition 2WD||$226||$412||$350||$20||$106||$1,114||$93|
|Escalade ESV Platinum Edition 4WD||$226||$412||$350||$20||$106||$1,114||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific Boston garaging location which can revise premiums considerably.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims can affect Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance rates for each different age category. The rates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
You may qualify for discounts for Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance in Boston
Car insurance companies do not advertise their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Boston Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home can help you save on insurance because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Boston auto insurance quote.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow data collection to track vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with a few insurance companies.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will lower your insurance premiums.
The diagram below compares Cadillac Escalade ESV auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The information is based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Massachusetts state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, emergency military deployment, federal employee, good student, seat belt use, membership and employees, and driver training.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including group or association, paid in full, multi-policy, multiple vehicles, good student, company car, and mature driver.
- American Family has savings for TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, air bags, defensive driver, good driver, and mySafetyValet.
- Esurance discounts include online shopper, defensive driver, online quote, emergency road assistance, multi-car, renters, and safety device.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, student away at school, driver’s education, multiple policy, and anti-theft.
- AAA has discounts for anti-theft, good driver, education and occupation, good student, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply in your area. To choose providers that offer some of these discounts in Boston, follow this link.
Boston Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find big savings. Lots of factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
- Premiums increase with policy add-ons – Policies have extra coverages you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
- Cheaper rates by bundling – Most larger companies allow lower prices to people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount applied, you still need to compare other Boston Escalade ESV insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. Consumers may save money by splitting coverages up.
Rates are impacted by vehicle performance – The type of vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. The lowest base rates are usually found on the lowest performance passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart uses these variables: married male driver age 50, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have different performances.
- Do you really need to file those policy claims? – Companies in Massachusetts generally give lower rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to higher rates. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Liability protection risk factors – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Your car’s features help determine insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent vehicle theft.
- Better prices for uninterrupted coverage – Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a fast way to bump up your insurance costs. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage could earn you a license revocation or jail time. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the Massachusetts DMV.
Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance claim data – Insurers factor in historical loss data to help determine rates. Models that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have increased rates. The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Cadillac Escalade ESV vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Cadillac Escalade ESV Vehicles Specific Cadillac Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 2WD 124 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 4WD 123 106 155BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Massachusetts?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Massachusetts?
- Is my Cadillac Escalade ESV covered if I use it for business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Boston insurance agent
Some people still prefer to talk to a local agent. Agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to companies in Boston that provide free Boston auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting a insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Boston should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Boston?
- Where are claims handled?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s important to know why they differ since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Boston that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When comparing insurance prices, it’s recommended you get quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Boston that are able to give price quotes.
452 Bennington St – Boston, MA 02128 – (617) 567-1100 – View Map
Massachusetts car insurance companies ranked
Choosing a good quality auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Massachusetts. The ranking information listed below can help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at purchasing a policy from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Smart shoppers get results
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
You just learned many tips how you can save on Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance in Boston. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the smaller companies.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium or even policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Boston? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Single Moms in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Boston? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)