How long has it been since you shopped around for more affordable Buick Regal insurance in Boston? If shopping for Boston car insurance quotes online is new to you, you can be bewildered due to the large selection of online companies offering insurance in Boston.
Statistics show that the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. Massachusetts drivers could save as much as $590 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they bought a different policy.
To find cheaper quotes, there are a couple of ways to obtain and compare prices from all the different companies. The simplest method to do a complete rate comparison is to jump online and get quotes. It’s important to know that comparing more prices helps improve the odds of finding better pricing. Some companies don’t provide online rate quotes, so you also need to get price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Massachusetts. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in Boston, MA, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Buick vehicle
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Regal has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your Buick and your personal assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied prior to getting the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them with the same company you may earn up to 20% off your total Regal insurance premium.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better premium rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Boston can help you save on insurance because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Regal insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain companies will give you a small discount simply for signing digitally online.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
To see companies offering insurance discounts in Massachusetts, follow this link.
Auto insurance agents are trained to help
A lot of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Boston who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house because prices are sent instantly to you. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Boston should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How long has their agency been open in Boston?
Different types of Boston auto insurance agents
When researching a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Boston can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Boston that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you include price quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Boston willing to provide price quotes.
- Cecil N Marchionne Insurance Agency, Inc
506 Main St – Medford, MA 02155 – (781) 391-7100 – View Map
- Merrimack Valley Insurance Agency Inc
655 Boston Rd #1a – Billerica, MA 01821 – (978) 330-6985 – View Map
- Thomas J. Bennett Insurance Agency
480 Washington St – Dorchester Center, MA 02124 – (617) 825-9676 – View Map
Which is the best auto insurance?
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Car insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from the best insurance company is difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Boston. The company information shown next may help you analyze which insurers to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Overall
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
You can find affordable coverage
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Buick Regal insurance in Boston. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Cheap Buick Regal insurance in Boston can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
How to save money on Buick Regal insurance in Boston
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Boston is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies who provide auto insurance in Massachusetts.
- It will benefit you to learn about coverages and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies. Compare rates
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new company or agent. Once coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read in the articles below:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Boston? (FAQ)
- How Much is Boston Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Boston? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)