Finding low-cost insurance for your Lincoln MKC in Massachusetts can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates.
There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a Lincoln and find the lowest price either online or from Boston insurance agents.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to lower your rates and still get good coverage. Quoting and comparing rates for the lowest cost protection in Boston is not as hard as you may think. Smart shoppers only need to know the quickest way to get comparison rates instantly.
Best companies for Lincoln MKC insurance
The car insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Boston, MA. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Boston, MA, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheap Lincoln MKC insurance in Boston with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Boston car insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on MKC insurance in Boston.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow companies to look at their driving habits by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get lower premium rates.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
If you would like to view providers with the best discounts in Boston, follow this link.
Lincoln MKC Insurance Premiums Can Be Cheaper
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
Avoid unnecessary add-on coverages – There are quite a few additional extra coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for roadside assistance, towing, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good initially, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Never go without car insurance – Letting your insurance expire is a quick way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time.
Liability protection safeguards assets – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you if ever you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Lower rates for cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums. If the Lincoln MKC is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
Rates go up with performance – The performance of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. The lowest rates will normally be found when insuring economy passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Insure car and home with the same company – Some insurance companies afford discounts to policyholders who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, consumers should still compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Raising deductibles saves money – The deductibles tell how much you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
How many miles do you drive? – Driving a lot of miles in a year the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that do not get driven very much receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet is showing how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. A policy that improperly rates your MKC can result in significantly higher rates.
Lincoln MKC claim data – Companies use statistical claims data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that statistically have increased losses will cost more to insure. The table below shows the historical loss data for Lincoln MKC vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKC 4dr 2WD||97||76||69|
|Lincoln MKC 4dr 4WD||99||68||72||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance agents are professional risk managers
Some people prefer to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important especially in Boston.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Boston who want to provide quotes to get your business. You don’t have to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two different types of auto insurance agents
When looking for a good Boston insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents in Boston can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know how they are different because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get several quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Boston who can help you get price quote information.
- Alan J Ross Insurance Agency Inc
225 Franklin St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 449-9413 – View Map
- Paul Lymneos Insurance Agency
4258 Washington St Suite 8 – Roslindale, MA 02131 – (617) 327-3870 – View Map
- Thomas J. Bennett Insurance Agency
480 Washington St – Dorchester Center, MA 02124 – (617) 825-9676 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Boston that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Boston?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
If you feel you receive acceptable answers for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance agency that is professional and can adequately provide auto insurance. But keep in mind consumers can terminate coverage for any reason so don’t think you are locked into the auto insurance policy with no way to switch.
Cheaper insurance is out there
While you’re price shopping online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
You just learned some good ideas how you can find affordable Lincoln MKC insurance in Boston. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers and policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
How to find more affordable Lincoln MKC insurance in Boston
The best way we recommend to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who provide car insurance in Boston.
- Try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that drive up the price like traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on MKC insurance. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new insurer. Once received, store the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and to quote with every company you can. This enables a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Additional insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)