We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who do rate comparisons are inclined to switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced company. A survey found that people who routinely compared quotes saved an average of $850 each year compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having a grasp of how to compare insurance rates can help you succeed in saving money.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find better pricing on Lincoln LS insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell insurance in Boston.
- Read about policy coverages and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents and poor credit can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies. Find a Boston insurance agent
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new insurer. Make sure you place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to look at every insurance company. This helps ensure a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
If you have insurance now or just want to save money, you can use these tips to get lower rates without reducing protection. Locating the best rates in Boston is easy if you know what you’re doing. Consumers just need to understand the fastest way to get comparison rates online.
Auto insurance providers offering affordable price quotes in Massachusetts
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in Boston, MA. If you want the best car insurance in Boston, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Cheap Boston car insurance rates with discounts
Companies don’t always advertise every policy discount very well, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to track their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on LS insurance in Boston.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give lower prices if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best car insurance rates when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works. Any amount of discount should help reduce your overall premium however.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- MetLife offers discounts for good driver, multi-policy, defensive driver, accident-free, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, renewal discount, safe driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for defensive driver, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, multi-policy, driver training, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, teen safe driver, safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, and bundle discounts.
Before buying, ask every company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Boston. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies with the best Lincoln LS insurance discounts in Massachusetts, click here.
What Affects Lincoln LS Insurance Rates?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you big savings. Many factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- Car insurance policy lapses increase prices – Driving with no insurance can get you a ticket and companies may charge more for letting your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Most larger insurance companies will give lower prices for people that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, consumers should still comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Reduce car insurance rates by staying claim free – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Massachusetts provide cheaper rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- High premiums for younger drivers – Drivers with little experience are known to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so car insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a young driver onto your car insurance can be very expensive. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and choosing a policy, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you may require specific advice.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Lincoln LS?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Lincoln LS?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Can’t I compare prices from local Boston auto insurance agents?
Some consumers just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates and also buy local.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Boston who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best provider should depend on more than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How many years have they been established?
The following are Boston insurance companies that can give you price quote information for Lincoln LS insurance in Boston.
Shop around and save
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Lower-priced Lincoln LS insurance in Boston is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Boston, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide rate quotes online and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to lower your Lincoln LS insurance rates in Boston. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Lincoln LS insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. These companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Boston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Boston? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)