A recent auto insurance study discovered that 70% of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Massachusetts drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they switched to a more affordable policy.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates is to annually compare prices from providers in Boston.
- Get an understanding of how car insurance works and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that drive up the price like accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for more information to prevent high rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
All major insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get pricing on their websites. This process is easy for anyone because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire into a form. After you submit the form their system requests reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on the data you entered. This streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to perform this step in order to find the best possible rates on insurance.
In order to get comparison pricing now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Boston, MA. To get the best auto insurance in Boston, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Boston car insurance agent
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Boston who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Boston?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
When researching a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
These agents can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Boston who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Boston who can help you get comparison quotes.