If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who can sell car insurance in Boston.
First, it will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important part of this process is to compare identical coverages on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Sad but true, 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. With the average car insurance premium being $1,430, Boston drivers can cut their rates by approximately $590 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare other rate quotes.
If you already have coverage, you should be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the concepts you’re about to learn. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Boston is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Nevertheless, Massachusetts consumers must learn how companies determine what you pay and apply this information to your search.
All major car insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage price quotes online. The process is quite simple as you just enter the coverages you want on the page. When complete, the company’s rating system gets your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on these factors. Using the web to get rates for BMW Alpina B7 insurance in Boston makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s necessary to do this in order to find cheap rates.
To find out how much you can save on car insurance, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the limits and deductibles exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you are getting a fair comparison for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Boston, MA. To locate the cheapest auto insurance in Boston, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Take these ten policy discounts and save on BMW Alpina B7 insurance in Boston
Car insurance can be pricey, but there are discounts available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Claim Free – Boston drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Alpina B7 insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a driver safety course may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- College Student – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Memberships – Joining a qualifying organization could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Boston can earn you a little savings because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer discounts in Boston, click here to view.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a BMW Alpina B7 in Boston, maintaining insurance is required in Massachusetts but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Alpina B7 has a loan, most lenders will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your BMW at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your BMW and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America overpays as much as $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my BMW Alpina B7 is totaled?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agencies
Many people just want to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about price shopping on the web is you can get lower car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local agents is still important in Boston.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that provide free Boston auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. Any agent in Boston should be forthright in answering these questions:
- What insurance companies do they work with in Boston?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Boston?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Boston?
Educate yourself about car insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of car insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage – This pays for damage to your Alpina B7 from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Alpina B7 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your BMW Alpina B7.
Since many Massachusetts drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (20/40/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Insurance for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for chiropractic care, doctor visits, EMT expenses and funeral costs. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability – This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 20/40/5 which means $20,000 bodily injury coverage, $40,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims like attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage, funeral expenses and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Massachusetts requires drivers to carry at least 20/40/5 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why the minimum limit may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a bird. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.