It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable Volvo C70 insurance in Boston is to regularly compare price quotes from providers that sell auto insurance in Massachusetts. This can be done by following these guidelines.
First, try to learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many things that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for tips to prevent rate hikes and get discounts that may be available to you.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One thing to point out is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Regrettably, a large majority of auto insurance policyholders in Massachusetts kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can cut their rates by about 46.5% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they bought a different policy.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Massachusetts. To get the best car insurance in MA, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Cheaper Volvo C70 insurance in Boston
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to your current C70 insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The information below shows the comparison of Volvo C70 annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums assume a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Massachusetts state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, multiple policy, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include multi-car, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, mature driver, switch companies, alternative fuel, and homeowner.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, multi-vehicle, driver training, and military active duty.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, good driver, TimeAway discount, early bird, and good student.
- Nationwide offers discounts for easy pay, accident-free, good student, multi-policy, business or organization, and family plan.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, and online quote discount.
If you are trying to find cheaper Boston car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Discounts may not be available in Boston. To see insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Massachusetts, click this link.
Rates and detailed analysis
The coverage table displayed below showcases estimates of insurance coverage prices for Volvo C70 models. Having a good understanding how prices are formulated can be useful when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C70 T5 2-Dr Convertible||$216||$380||$228||$14||$68||$906||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can change auto insurance rates significantly.
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Volvo C70 insurance costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Do you need full coverage?
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Volvo C70 insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no written rule for eliminating physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volvo C70 book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing you more than $400 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
Some people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move Agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Boston.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Boston that can give you free Boston car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you want a local Boston insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents in Boston can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to include a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
The following are independent agents in Boston that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
- Allston Insurance
281 Western Ave – Boston, MA 02134 – (617) 229-6413 – View Map
- Meridian Insurance Agency, LLC
175 William F McClellan Hwy #112 – East Boston, MA 02128 – (617) 567-5710 – View Map
- Massachusetts Fair Plan
2 Center Plz # 800 – Boston, MA 02108 – (617) 723-3800 – View Map
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. These agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Boston that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
If you receive acceptable answers to your questions and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that will provide insurance coverage.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When selecting the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Should I buy only the required Massachusetts minimum liability coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- How high should deductibles be on a Volvo C70?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Massachusetts?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Get Cheaper Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Extra policy coverages can cost a lot – Policies have extra bells and whistles that can waste your money but may not be useful. Insurance for personal injury protection, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
Gender and insurance prices – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Females and males have accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Men also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Male teenagers are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
The illustration below compares Volvo C70 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
- Better premiums on vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Get a ticket, pay higher premiums – Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Only having one speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers who have gotten careless violations such as reckless driving or DUI are required to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims drive up Volvo C70 insurance premiums for different insured age categories. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Bad credit will cost you – An insured’s credit score can be an important factor in determining your rates. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Volvo C70 if you clean up your credit. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
Why you need to buy insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volvo C70 in Boston, paying for insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volvo C70 has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volvo at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Volvo. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your Volvo gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your C70 more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $850 per year so you should quote rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Quote more to save more
While you’re price shopping online, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers or even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Boston can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Boston, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies work with independent agencies.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)