Would you like an easy way to compare more competitive auto insurance rates in Boston, MA? Boston buyers have a choice when searching for affordable Volkswagen e-Golf insurance. You can either waste hours driving around getting price quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a Volkswagen and find the cheapest rates.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who shop around once a year are inclined to switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared prices once a year saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the best rates on car insurance in Boston is your intention, then having a good understanding how to shop for insurance can help you be more efficient.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find better car insurance rates. Lots of things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are some of the items companies use to determine your rate level.
- Fewer miles means better costs – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the higher your rate. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your policy shows the correct usage for each vehicle. Having the wrong rating on your e-Golf can result in significantly higher rates.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you – Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit can be improved, you could save money insuring your Volkswagen e-Golf by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Small claims can cost you – Auto insurance companies in Massachusetts give cheaper rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Certain occupations pay higher prices – Jobs like military personnel, police officers, and financial analysts generally pay the highest rates attributed to high stress and long work hours. On the flip side, careers like farmers, engineers and homemakers get better rates.
- Higher comp and collision deductibles cost less – Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Volkswagen. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, flood damage, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles tell how much you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Men pay higher costs – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both genders get in auto accidents in similar numbers, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males are the most expensive to insure so it costs more to insure them.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Boston
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but some need to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
- No Claim Discounts – Boston drivers who stay claim-free get the best auto insurance rates as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some insurance carriers give a lower premium rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a driver safety course may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Boston, click here to view.
Don’t give up on cheaper coverage
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices and even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Boston. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies.
How to buy lower priced Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Boston
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who sell insurance in Boston. This can be done by following these steps.
- First, get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents and a less-than-favorable credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Additional learning opportunities
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Postal Workers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Car Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)