Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Boston. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about car insurance and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and a poor credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides additional tips to help keep prices low and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Tundra coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new carrier. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A key point to remember is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. Massachusetts drivers could save approximately 45% every year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to shop around.
When looking for cheaper Boston auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from different Boston insurance companies. The fastest way to compare rates involves getting comparison quotes online. When quoting insurance, remember that comparing more quotes increases the chance that you will find a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Massachusetts. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in Massachusetts, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Save with these discounts on Toyota Tundra insurance in Boston
Some insurers don’t list every possible discount very clearly, so the following list contains both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Boston auto insurance online. If you don’t get every credit possible, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Sign Online – Many insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- College Student – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Tundra car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Massachusetts state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not apply to policies everywhere. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Boston, click here.
Toyota Tundra insurance coverage information
The rate information shown next highlights detailed analysis of coverage prices for Toyota Tundra models. Having a good understanding how insurance quotes are formulated is important to be able to make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tundra Regular Cab 2WD||$250||$440||$510||$30||$152||$1,382||$115|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 2WD||$286||$536||$510||$30||$152||$1,514||$126|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 2WD||$286||$536||$510||$30||$152||$1,514||$126|
|Tundra Regular Cab 4WD||$324||$536||$510||$30||$152||$1,552||$129|
|Tundra Double Cab 4WD||$324||$536||$510||$30||$152||$1,552||$129|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 4WD||$324||$536||$510||$30||$152||$1,552||$129|
|Tundra Limited Double Cab 2WD||$324||$630||$510||$30||$152||$1,646||$137|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 2WD||$324||$630||$510||$30||$152||$1,646||$137|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 4WD||$360||$630||$510||$30||$152||$1,682||$140|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 4WD||$360||$630||$510||$30||$152||$1,682||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can change price quotes considerably.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Toyota Tundra insurance premiums for each different age category. The information is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Toyota Tundra insurance costs by gender and age
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Toyota Tundra annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Tundra auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no written rule that is best for determining when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Toyota Tundra replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $6,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $600 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Local Boston insurance agencies
Some consumers still prefer to get advice from a local agent. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap insurance rates and also buy local. Buying from local agencies is important particularly in Boston.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Boston who will give you quotes for your coverage. You never need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You can get cheaper insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
The difference between Boston auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can choose from. Insurance agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents often have many company appointments so they can write business through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Boston who may provide free insurance quotes.
- Saratoga Insurance
452 Bennington St – Boston, MA 02128 – (617) 567-1100 – View Map
- Paul Lymneos Insurance Agency
4258 Washington St Suite 8 – Roslindale, MA 02131 – (617) 327-3870 – View Map
- Pilgrim Insurance Co
695 Atlantic Ave – Boston, MA 02111 – (617) 956-6000 – View Map
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Boston that can give you price quotes.
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Boston?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
When in doubt talk to an agent
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Massachusetts?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in big savings. Many factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
Theft deterrents systems cut car insurance rates – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft deterrent systems like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Having a spouse equates to better costs – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Marriage means you’re less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
Liability protection is peace of mind – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage when a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Always have car insurance – Letting your insurance expire will be a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time.
Tickets cost more than a fine – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Attentive drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. Having just one speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. People who have multiple citations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault accidents can influence Toyota Tundra auto insurance costs for each age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Cheaper rates with high comp and collision deductibles – Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Discounts for multiple policies – Most major insurance companies apply lower prices for people who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount applied, it’s in your best interest to compare Toyota Tundra rates in Boston to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Miles driven impacts prices – Driving more miles every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Having the wrong rating on your Tundra may be wasting your money. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance declarations sheet reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
Loss probability for a Toyota Tundra – Insurance companies use data from past claims to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that are shown to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher premium rates. The table below demonstrates the loss history for Toyota Tundra vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Tundra CrewMax 2WD||88||105||96||63||75||94|
|Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4WD||97||113||105||64||51||77|
|Toyota Tundra Double Cab 2WD||95||131||90||85||84||107|
|Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4WD||86||112||93||53||55||79|
|Toyota Tundra Double Cab LWB 4WD||93||115||69|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why insurance is not optional
Even though Boston Tundra insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Toyota has a lienholder, most lenders will force you to have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Toyota at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so shop around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You can lower your insurance rates
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium, unfair underwriting practices or denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to reduce Toyota Tundra insurance premium rates online in Boston. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Boston auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Some companies may not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Cheap Toyota Tundra insurance in Boston is available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Boston, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Boston Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Business Use in Boston? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)