Trying to find cheaper insurance for a Lincoln MKT in Massachusetts can be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to save time. There are more efficient ways to find insurance online and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages for your Lincoln and get the lowest possible price from both online companies and Boston agents.
It’s important to compare rates periodically due to the fact that insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best quotes on Lincoln MKT insurance in Boston at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. Don’t believe everything you read about MKT insurance online but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some great ideas on how to lower your insurance premiums.
Getting a cheaper price on Lincoln MKT insurance is surprisingly easy. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to get quotes to discover which company has inexpensive Boston auto insurance quotes.
The following companies can provide quotes in Massachusetts. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Boston, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Boston, buying insurance is required in Massachusetts but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Lincoln with a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Lincoln at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects your Lincoln MKT and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your MKT definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Auto insurance analysis for a Lincoln MKT
The coverage table shown below showcases a range of coverage prices for Lincoln MKT models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance policy rates are calculated can help drivers make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKT 3.7 2WD||$240||$380||$390||$24||$116||$1,150||$96|
|MKT 3.7 AWD||$264||$438||$390||$24||$116||$1,232||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise premium rates substantially.
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Lincoln MKT insurance rates for each age group. The information is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and accidents can influence Lincoln MKT insurance rates for each different age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Don’t neglect these rate reducing discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but a few need to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Boston may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total MKT insurance premium.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can save you some money because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The chart below shows the comparison of Lincoln MKT insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Massachusetts state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, driver’s education, accident-free, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, teen safety rewards, safe driver, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including early shopping, multi-car, distant student, switch companies, and pay in full.
- AAA has discounts for pay-in-full, good student, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and good driver.
- USAA may offer discounts for annual mileage, family discount, multi-vehicle, vehicle storage, loyalty savings, and good student.
When getting free Boston auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Boston. To see insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Massachusetts, follow this link.