It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy are likely to buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding a lower rate. A recent survey found that drivers who shopped around every year saved over $865 annually compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If saving money on Nissan Quest insurance is your ultimate target, then learning about how to choose a company and compare insurance rates can save money and time.
If you want to save money, the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Boston. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like distracted driving and poor credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Boston. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new coverage. Don’t forget to keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One tip to remember is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Boston, MA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Don’t overlook these Nissan Quest insurance discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Boston car insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow driving data submission to track when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Nissan can earn discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Online Discount – Many companies will give you a small discount get Boston car insurance over the internet.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current Quest insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings as much as 30%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Massachusetts, click here.
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining auto insurance rates. If you know what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you better auto insurance rates.
The items below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine your rates.
Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more miles you rack up on your Nissan in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage receive lower rates than those used for commuting. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet shows how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Quest is throwing money out the window.
Insurance rates and driver gender – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean females are better drivers. Men and women are in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. They also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
Older drivers pay less – More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit. Young drivers are statistically shown to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher.
Know your credit rating – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. So if your credit rating is not that good, you may save money insuring your Nissan Quest by improving your rating.
Nissan Quest insurance loss probability – Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when setting premium costs. Models that the statistics show to have higher losses will cost more to insure. The table below shows the historical loss data for Nissan Quest vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Specific Nissan Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
Many drivers would rather visit with an insurance agent. Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and also buy local.
By using this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Boston car insurance quotes for your business. You never need to do any legwork because prices are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an provider requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What companies can they write with?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
The following are Boston car insurance companies willing to provide price quotes for Nissan Quest insurance in Boston.
One Call Insurance
121 Tremont St – Boston, MA 02135 – (617) 782-2255 – View Map
One last note
When buying insurance coverage, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
There are still a few companies who may not have internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Discount Nissan Quest insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to many Boston insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional car insurance information is available at the links below
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Boston Car Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Boston? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)