Nissan Pathfinder insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
It's a known fact that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who compare rates once a year are likely to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey found that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved an average of $860 a year compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance is your goal, then understanding the best way to compare insurance coverage can help simplify the process.
The best way we recommend to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Boston is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Massachusetts.
- First, gain an understanding of coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like multiple speeding tickets and a substandard credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for the details to find cheap prices and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Pathfinder coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A valuable tip to remember is to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This provides an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Boston is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using the tips covered below. Nevertheless, Massachusetts consumers do need to learn the methods companies use to determine how much to charge because it varies considerably.
Premium rates and analysis
The table shown below outlines a range of insurance prices for Nissan Pathfinder models. Having insight into how auto insurance premiums are figured can help guide drivers when making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pathfinder S 2WD||$108||$192||$320||$18||$96||$734||$61|
|Pathfinder S 4WD||$124||$192||$320||$18||$96||$750||$63|
|Pathfinder SE 2WD||$124||$192||$320||$18||$96||$750||$63|
|Pathfinder SE 4WD||$124||$192||$320||$18||$96||$750||$63|
|Pathfinder LE 2WD||$140||$232||$320||$18||$96||$806||$67|
|Pathfinder LE 4WD||$140||$232||$320||$18||$96||$806||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific Boston garaging location which can alter coverage prices substantially.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The chart below illustrates the difference between Nissan Pathfinder annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Pathfinder insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no exact rule to delete physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Nissan Pathfinder claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Nissan Pathfinder insurance discounts in Boston
Some providers don't list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details some of the more common as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Boston car insurance online.
- Government Employee Discount - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Boston car insurance with certain companies.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Buy New and Save - Insuring a new Pathfinder can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with one company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Require your teen driver to enroll in driver's education as it can save substantially.
- Multiple Cars - Insuring multiple cars on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on Pathfinder insurance in Boston.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to analyze where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Successfully completing a driver safety course could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
The chart below compares Nissan Pathfinder auto insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Massachusetts state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
To view insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Boston, click here.
Car insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses like nursing services, dental work, hospital visits, doctor visits and rehabilitation expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Pathfinder caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car, rolling your car and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Pathfinder to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This provides protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle's damage.
Due to the fact that many Massachusetts drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (20/40/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn't cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 20/40/5 which stand for $20,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $40,000, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as structural damage, medical services and repair bills for other people's vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Massachusetts requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/5 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The next chart shows why minimum state limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as vandalism, theft and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Quote more to save more
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Nissan Pathfinder insurance car insurance rates in Boston. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Boston car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with a small local company.
There are still a few companies who do not provide internet price quotes and these regional carriers sell through independent agencies. Budget-conscious Nissan Pathfinder insurance can be found both online and from local agencies, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
More information is located at the links below
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Car Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Boston Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Boston Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)