If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get more affordable Mercury Marauder insurance is to annually compare prices from companies in Boston. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Learn about car insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a lousy credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for additional tips to get cheaper rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Marauder coverage is available in Boston. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the new insurer. Make sure you put the proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A tip to remember is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s hard to believe, but most Massachusetts car insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Drivers in America could save roughly $850 each year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
Learn How to Get Insurance Cheaper
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you cheaper rates.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
Stay claim-free and save – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in Massachusetts generally give better rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Younger drivers are expensive to insure – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations. Inexperience drivers have been known to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
Alarms and GPS tracking lower insurance rates – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
What’s your car’s NHTSA crash test rating? – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Mercury is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
Marriage can save you money – Your spouse may save some money on your policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Rates are affected by your address – Having an address in a rural area is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Residents of big cities regularly have much more traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Comp and collision deductibles are a factor – Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a broken windshield, collision with an animal, and burglary. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Mercury Marauder insurance in Boston
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount available very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Marauder insurance in Boston.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow their car insurance company to analyze driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
- Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, anti-theft, multiple autos, accident-free, driver’s education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- American Family offers discounts for accident-free, bundled insurance, defensive driver, air bags, multi-vehicle, and good driver.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-car, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for military active duty, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including professional/association, multi-policy, accident-free, age of vehicle, type of vehicle, good driver, and location of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for mature driver, early shopping, homeowner, distant student, youthful driver, bundle discounts, and pay in full.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online signing.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be available in Boston. To see companies with discount car insurance rates in Massachusetts, click here to view.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
When buying insurance coverage, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We covered a lot of information how to shop for Mercury Marauder insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Boston auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
More learning opportunities
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Boston? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Boston? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)