It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Boston is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Massachusetts. You can compare rates by following these steps.
First, read about auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates now
Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Consumers who compare rates annually are likely to buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding a lower rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who did price comparisons regularly saved on average $72 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving money on auto insurance is the reason you’re here, knowing how to compare coverages can save time and make the process easier.
This information will help you learn the best ways to compare prices and how you can save the most money. If you have a policy now, you will be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the concepts you’re about to learn. Vehicle owners only have to learn the quickest method to quote multiple rates over the internet.
Best companies for Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Boston, MA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Detailed insurance information
The table shown next showcases a range of insurance policy prices for Mazda MX-5 Miata models. Having insight into how policy rates are established is important for drivers to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MX-5 Miata Sport 2-Dr Convertible||$216||$404||$370||$22||$110||$1,122||$94|
|MX-5 Miata Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$248||$492||$370||$22||$110||$1,242||$104|
|MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$248||$492||$370||$22||$110||$1,242||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence premium rates greatly.
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can raise or lower Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Mazda MX-5 Miata car insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Massachusetts minimum liability coverage. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula of when to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Mazda MX-5 Miata replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $300 a year for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
These discounts can cut Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance rates
Car insurance is expensive, but there could be significant discounts that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a discount up to 10%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Boston auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who are attending college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Boston could trigger savings on your policy.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for several vehicles on the same car insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Mazda MX-5 Miata car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data assumes a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Massachusetts state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To choose insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Massachusetts, follow this link.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
Many factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although others are less obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Your address can affect prices – Being located in areas with lower population is a good thing when it comes to car insurance. Fewer people means reduced accidents. People in densely populated areas tend to have congested traffic and longer commute times. The longer drive time means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Teen driver insurance premiums – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit. Young drivers tend to be less responsible behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher.
The next chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Guys pay more for car insurance – Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes cause accidents in similar percentages, but the men have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The information below shows the comparison of Mazda MX-5 Miata car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Employer stress can make you pay more – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations such as lawyers, business owners, and medical professionals tend to have the highest rates because of stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as actors, athletes and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Low physical damage deductibles mean high costs – Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, or theft. The deductibles tell how much you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Vehicle risk influences prices – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your premium level. The cheapest rates are usually found on lower cost passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The data below uses these variables: married female driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance premiums compared to other vehicles that have a range of performances.
- Policy add-ons add up – There are a lot of add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your MX-5 Miata policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem good initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Insurance losses for a Mazda MX-5 Miata – Insurers take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when setting premium prices. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher losses will have higher rates.
The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Mazda MX-5 Miata vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Mazda MX-5 Miata Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 76 61 74 72BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local agents and insurance
Certain consumers would rather sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and also buy local. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Boston.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to participating agents in Boston that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
The following is a short list of car insurance companies in Boston who can help you get price quote information for Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Boston.
452 Bennington St – Boston, MA 02128 – (617) 567-1100 – View Map
Sbhu Life Insurance Agency: Weinstein Keith
28 State St # 25 – Boston, MA 02109 – (617) 570-9519 – View Map
Picking the best company requires more thought than just a low price. Any good agent in Boston should know the answers to these questions.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Boston?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
Auto insurance company ratings
Choosing the highest-rated insurance company is difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Massachusetts. The company information shown next may help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The General
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
- 21st Century
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
Shop smart and save
While you’re price shopping online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can reduce Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance prices online in Boston. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Boston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Boston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Boston Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Car Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Boston? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)