I can’t think of anyone who anticipates paying for insurance, especially when their premiums are through the roof.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who compare other rates will presumably move their business because they stand a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study discovered that people who regularly shopped around saved approximately $860 a year compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding low prices for car insurance in Boston is your ultimate goal, then learning about how to quote prices and compare coverages can make the process more efficient.
Steps to buying lower priced Mazda 5 insurance in Boston
To save the most money, the best way to find more affordable Mazda 5 insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Boston.
- Learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations and poor credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to look at every insurance company. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
People have multiple auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, it can be more difficult to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices change quite often. Even if you think you had the best deal on Mazda 5 insurance in Boston six months ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the only way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Choosing the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Boston can initially seem challenging. If you’re already insured or just want to reduce your rates, use these money-saving tips to lower your rates without reducing protection. You just have to learn the best way to get comparison rates instantly.
Premium rates and analysis
The premium table displayed below highlights different insurance costs for Mazda 5 models. Having a good understanding how insurance prices are figured can help drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|5 Sport Station Wagon||$216||$418||$322||$18||$96||$1,070||$89|
|5 Touring Station Wagon||$248||$510||$322||$18||$96||$1,194||$100|
|5 Grand Touring Station Wagon||$248||$510||$322||$18||$96||$1,194||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase premiums noticeably.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Mazda 5 insurance costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions impact Mazda 5 insurance premiums for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Age-based insurance rates by gender
The example below visualizes the comparison of Mazda 5 auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
How much more does full coverage cost in Boston?
The chart below illustrates the difference between Mazda 5 auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Massachusetts. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no written rule to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Mazda 5 settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Eight discounts for lower-cost car insurance quotes
Some insurance providers do not advertise every possible discount very clearly, so we researched a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Boston car insurance online. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow companies to study where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO permit an accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total 5 insurance premium.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your policy.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
The diagram below compares Mazda 5 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The costs are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Massachusetts state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, passive restraint, and student away at school.
- Esurance may offer discounts for multi-car, paid-in-full, online shopper, emergency road assistance, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for safety features, new move discount, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for student away at school, multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, and paperless.
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, anti-theft, military active duty, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, federal employee, and driver training.
When quoting, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To see insurers offering car insurance discounts in Massachusetts, click here to view.
Car insurance coverage specifics
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverages available from car insurance companies.
This pays for damage to your 5 caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as backing into a parked car, rolling your car, colliding with another moving vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your 5 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 20/40/5 which means a limit of $20,000 per injured person, $40,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims like structural damage, legal defense fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Massachusetts requires drivers to carry at least 20/40/5 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The next chart shows why buying low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses for dental work, surgery and prosthetic devices. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Mazda 5.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (20/40/5), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as fire damage, damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed, vandalism and theft. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Massachusetts auto insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with the top insurance company is hard considering how many companies are available to choose from in Massachusetts. The company rank data shown next can help you choose which car insurance companies to look at buying from.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The General
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
- 21st Century
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
When getting Boston car insurance quotes online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone sacrificed collision coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for Mazda 5 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a small mutual company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
How to find cheaper Mazda 5 insurance in Boston
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find low-cost car insurance rates in Boston is to compare quotes once a year from companies in Massachusetts.
- Try to learn about how insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many factors that increase rates like traffic citations and a poor credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. Immediately put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from every company you can. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Boston Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Boston Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Boston Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Boston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Boston Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)