It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who compare other rates are likely to move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey revealed that people who regularly compared rates saved an average of $860 a year compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If saving the most money on car insurance in Boston is your objective, then having some knowledge of the best ways to shop for coverage rates can help you be more efficient.
The best way we recommend to find more affordable Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Boston is to start comparing prices yearly from providers that sell auto insurance in Massachusetts.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides instructions to find cheap rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new insurance company. Make sure you store the certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
One tip to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Lincoln Mark LT Insurance
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but some are less obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Optional features can affect prices – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop vehicle theft.
Maintain insurance coverage – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You may have to file a SR-22 with the Massachusetts DMV.
Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most insurance companies give better rates to buyers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to compare other Boston Mark LT insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Discounts for married couples – Your spouse may cut your premiums on your insurance policy. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Insurance policy discounts for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Boston
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Mark LT insurance in Boston.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive lower premium rates.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Lincoln can qualify you for lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to track their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for alternative fuel, distant student, teen driver, mature driver, bundle discounts, and pay in full.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, renewal discount, 55 and retired, driver training, good student, and safe driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, good student, and student away at school.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, military active duty, federal employee, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, driver training, and good student.
- SAFECO includes discounts for bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, anti-theft, homeowner, and teen safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including safety features, exclusive group savings, new move discount, preferred payment discount, good student, new graduate, and newly retired.
If you need the cheapest Lincoln Mark LT rate quotes, ask every company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To see a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Boston, follow this link.
What is the best car insurance company in Massachusetts?
Finding a good quality auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in Massachusetts. The company rank data listed below may help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 93%
- The Hartford – 93%
- The General – 91%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Mercury Insurance – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
Persistence will pay off
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal or even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
The cheapest Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Boston can be bought from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Boston Car Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Boston Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in Boston? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)