It’s shocking but a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to save money on Kia Spectra insurance in Boston is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who provide car insurance in Massachusetts. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for more information to prevent high rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new carrier. Immediately place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Boston is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using this strategy. You only need an understanding of the most effective way to shop from many different companies online.
How to get affordable Kia Spectra insurance in Boston, Massachusetts
Reducing your insurance rates is an easy way to save money. The only requirement is to take the time to get quotes to see which company has the cheapest Kia Spectra rate quotes.
Comparison shopping rates online is easy and it takes the place of having to drive around to each insurance agency near you. The ability to get quotes online eliminates this option unless you have a complicated situation and need the advice and guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible with some companies get the lowest quotes online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Massachusetts. To buy cheap auto insurance in Massachusetts, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Kia Spectra, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Kia for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Boston Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower premium levels.
The list below includes a few of the things used by companies to determine your rates.
- Alarm systems systems cut premiums – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
- Always keep your policy in force – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse can be a quick way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in fines and jail time.
- Save money by eliminating extra policy coverages – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
- Marriage discount – Having a significant other may cut your premiums when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other means you’re more stable financially and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you.
- More stress means more cost – Occupational choices like fire fighters, police officers, and medical professionals usually pay higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work-related stress and long work hours. Conversely, jobs like farmers, athletes and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Discounts can help save money on Kia Spectra insurance in Boston
Some insurers don’t always advertise every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on auto insurance.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount when getting a Boston auto insurance quote.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower premium rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck. But any discount will reduce your policy cost.
To see a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Massachusetts, click here.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When quoting and choosing your policy, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Is my Kia Spectra covered for flood damage?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance agents can help
A lot of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Boston who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You never need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- How are claims handled?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you want a reputable agency, you should know the different agency structures to choose from. Agents in Boston are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Boston willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you contact multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Boston that are able to give price quote information.
American Agency Systems Insurance
156 Porter St – Boston, MA 02128 – (617) 418-5089 – View Map
After receiving answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have and cheap Spectra insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.
Do the work, save more money
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to lower your Kia Spectra insurance prices in Boston. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
More affordable insurance in Boston can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood Boston agents, so get free Boston auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Boston Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Boston Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Single Moms in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Boston Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)