Are you looking for low-cost car insurance rates in Boston, MA? Boston drivers have many options when trying to find low-cost Porsche Boxster insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents trying to get quotes or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the best way to quote coverages for a new or used Porsche and obtain the lowest price from both online companies and Boston agents.
It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who get price quotes annually will most likely switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey discovered that consumers who shopped around saved on average $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze car insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
Consumers should take time to price shop coverage quite often because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the best deal on Porsche Boxster insurance in Boston last year you will most likely find a better rate quote today. There are lots of tips to save on Boxster insurance out there, but you can learn some good information on how to lower your car insurance bill.
Our goal in writing this article teach you how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Consumers just have to use the most efficient way to compare price quotes from many different companies online.
Finding more affordable insurance quotes is a great way to save money. You just have to invest a few minutes comparing free Boston car insurance quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Boston, MA. In order to find the best car insurance in Massachusetts, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Statistics and details
The coverage table shown next outlines estimates of prices for Porsche Boxster models. Being more informed about how policy rates are formulated can help customers make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Boxster 2-Dr Convertible||$282||$598||$272||$16||$82||$1,250||$104|
|Boxster S 2-Dr Convertible||$310||$678||$272||$16||$82||$1,358||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Boston location which can impact prices significantly.
Does full coverage make sense?
The illustration below shows the difference between Porsche Boxster auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The costs are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact rule to stop buying comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Porsche Boxster claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $500 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Eight Tips to Get Cheaper Boston Insurance Prices
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine premiums.
- Prevent theft and save – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- How much liability – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Too many insurance claims will drive insurance rates up – Insurance companies in Massachusetts award cheaper rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Don’t buy extra policy coverages that aren’t used – There are quite a few add-on coverages that can waste your money when buying insurance. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Companies want multiple policies – Most larger insurance companies provide better rates to people that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to compare Porsche Boxster rates in Boston to ensure the best deal.
- Mileage impacts rates – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more you will pay for insurance. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Boxster is just wasting money.
- Certain occupations pay higher rates – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers such as lawyers, social workers, and stock brokers have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to high stress levels and long work days. Other professions such as professors, historians and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
Don’t get traffic citations – Having a clean driving record has a big impact on rates. Having just one ticket can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders increase Porsche Boxster insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Porsche Boxster insurance loss probability – Insurers analyze historical claim data to help determine rates. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have increased rates. The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Porsche Boxster vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Porsche Boxster Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche Boxster Convertible 135 47 121 31BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need Boxster insurance in Massachusetts
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Porsche in Boston, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Porsche Boxster, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Porsche at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.