Really, the only way to find the cheapest price for Subaru WRX insurance in Boston is to compare quotes annually from providers in Massachusetts.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper WRX coverage is available in Boston. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Remarkably, a study showed that nearly 70% of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average insurance premium being $1,400, Boston drivers could save about 45% every year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy.
The Subaru WRX Insurance Cost Equation
Multiple criteria are used when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
The following are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
Cheaper rates after marriage – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount when shopping for car insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
How your age affects costs – Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable. Young drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
More than one policy can earn a discount – Lots of insurance companies allow a discount to people that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a chance you can save more without the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
Avoid tickets and save – Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than bad drivers. Even a single moving violation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Drivers who get severe violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
Excellent credit saves on car insurance – A driver’s credit score factor in determining premium rates. Insureds that have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores. If your credit history is low, you may save money insuring your Subaru WRX by repairing your credit.
Commute or pleasure use – The higher the miles on your Subaru in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your vehicle rating is showing the correct usage for each vehicle. Having an incorrect usage rating on your WRX may be costing you.
Liability insurance safeguards assets – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Loss probability for a Subaru WRX – Insurance companies study historical loss data to help determine rates. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claims will cost more to insure. The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Subaru WRX vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Numbers under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
|Specific Subaru Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru WRX 4WD||141||82||158||94||81||84|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
The quickest way to get rate comparisons for Subaru WRX insurance in Boston is to know the fact auto insurance companies participate in a system to give rate comparisons. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information including how much coverage you want, how your vehicles are used, how many miles driven, and the ages of drivers. The data is instantly submitted to all major companies and they provide comparison quotes quickly.
To check rates for your car now, click here and complete the quick form.
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Boston, MA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Subaru WRX insurance, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your WRX, more than likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Subaru at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your WRX definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $825 a year so shop around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Boston insurance discounts
Some providers don’t necessarily list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Boston auto insurance online.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on WRX insurance in Boston.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a driver safety course may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings up to 30%.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a slight reduction on a Boston auto insurance quote.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
To locate providers with discount insurance rates in Massachusetts, click this link.
Don’t I need to get advice from an insurance agent?
Many people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to companies in Boston who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to leave your house as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are they full-time agents?
- Does their agency support local causes in Boston?
- What companies can they write with?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is coverage determined by price?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they operate. Insurance policy providers are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people use the same agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
The following are Boston exclusive agents who may provide you with price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Most also have access to small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Boston willing to provide rate quotes.
- Massamont Insurance Agency Inc
280 Summer St – Boston, MA 02210 – (617) 478-5205 – View Map
- Cecil N Marchionne Insurance Agency, Inc
506 Main St – Medford, MA 02155 – (781) 391-7100 – View Map
- HR Hatch Insurance Agency
4401 Washington St – Roslindale, MA 02131 – (617) 325-5522 – View Map
After getting good answers to any questions you may have and an affordable coverage quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles. But remember, you are entitled to cancel your policy when you choose so don’t assume that you’re stuck with any specific company for the entire policy term.
Be persistent and save
Some insurance providers may not have rate quotes online and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Lower-priced car insurance in Boston can be sourced from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
You just learned many ideas to get a better price on Subaru WRX insurance in Boston. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Subaru WRX rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best auto insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
To learn more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Boston Car Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Boston? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Boston? (FAQ)
- How Much are Boston Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- How Much is Boston Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)