Unbelievably, a large majority of car insurance policyholders have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Most drivers in Massachusetts could save themselves about $590 a year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable Scion iQ insurance in Boston is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who provide auto insurance in Massachusetts. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like distracted driving and a substandard credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. This article provides instructions to lower rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to compare every company you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Locating the best rates in Boston is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you are insured now or just want cheaper rates, you can use this information to shop for the lowest rates without having to cut coverage. Shoppers just have to use the tricks to quote multiple rates over the internet.
Affordable auto insurance in Boston, MA
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Massachusetts. To find cheap car insurance in Massachusetts, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Car insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Some companies don’t always list every discount available very well, so here is a list some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a safe driver class could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Early Signing – A few companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to your current iQ insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Boston car insurance quotes online.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable their insurance company to spy on when and where they use their vehicle remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used iQ can cost up to 25% less because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Scion iQ insurance in Boston.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for several vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer quotes with some of the above discounts include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in every state. To locate companies offering car insurance discounts in Massachusetts, click here.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- If my Scion iQ is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Local neighborhood Boston car insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Boston who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Boston, get answers to these questions.
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
Two types of Boston car insurance agents
If you are searching for local Boston agents, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Boston who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Boston that are able to give price quotes.
Best auto insurance company in Massachusetts
Ending up with a highly-rated insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Massachusetts. The company information shown below could help you select which car insurance providers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The General
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
- 21st Century
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Cover all your bases
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices or even poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
We covered many ideas to shop for Scion iQ insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Boston car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
As you quote Boston car insurance, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Car Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)