If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find more affordable Volvo V60 insurance in Boston is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in Massachusetts.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about policy coverages and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper V60 coverage is available in Boston. If you can save money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new coverage. When you receive it, place your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
An important bit of advice to remember is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Sad but true, most drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Massachusetts drivers can save as much as 45% each year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Boston is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the ideas you’re about to read. But Massachusetts vehicle owners must know the way companies calculate your car insurance rates and apply this information to your search.
Six Tips to Get Cheap Boston Insurance Premiums
It’s important that you understand the factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better auto insurance rates. Many different elements are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although others are less obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are some of the factors companies use to determine your rate level.
- You might have higher rates if you are single – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount on your auto insurance bill. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Bundle policies with the same company – Most larger insurers provide a discount to buyers that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Improve your credit rating – Having a bad credit history factor in determining what you pay. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores. If your credit score could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Volvo V60 by repairing your credit.
- Experienced drivers pay less – Drivers with little experience tend to be more careless when driving with friends therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- Policy add-ons may not be needed – There are a lot of additional coverages that can waste your money on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- Never let your policy lapse – Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time.
Loss probability for a Volvo V60 – Car insurance companies analyze historical claim data to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that statistically have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data for Volvo V60 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Volvo V60 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo V60 2WD 68 53 Volvo V60 4WD 136 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Volvo V60 insurance in Boston with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a course in driver safety could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to spy on driving habits by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Some companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
If you need the cheapest Volvo V60 rate quotes, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Boston. To choose car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Boston, follow this link.
Cheap insurance is out there
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal or delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
The cheapest Volvo V60 insurance in Boston is possible from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent insurance agents.
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Boston Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Boston Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Boston? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)