Purchasing lower-cost Boston Kia Niro insurance quotes on the web may seem to be rather difficult for consumers not familiar with comparing and buying auto insurance on the web. With such a big selection of agents and companies in the marketplace, how can consumers efficiently compare all the different companies and get lower auto insurance premiums?
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who shop for lower prices are highly likely to switch auto insurance companies because of the good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who regularly compared rates saved $3,400 over four years compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If saving the most money on car insurance in Boston is your goal, then having a good understanding the best way to shop and compare insurance premiums can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Consumers should take time to check auto insurance prices before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance rates go up and down regularly. Just because you had the lowest premium rates on Kia Niro insurance in Boston a year ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the best ways to buy cheaper Kia Niro insurance in Boston.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Boston is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Just about each driver who compares rate quotes for auto insurance should buy a cheaper policy. But Massachusetts car owners can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
The method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Kia Niro insurance in Boston takes advantage of the fact almost all companies participate in a system to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as the type of vehicles you drive, daily mileage, your credit rating estimate, and driver details. Your details is instantly submitted to many of the top insurers and you should receive rate quotes instantly.
To check rates for your Kia Niro now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Boston, MA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Boston, paying for auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $825 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to save money.
Reduce your insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there may be some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be asked about before you will receive the discount. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower price if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Drivers Education – Have your child complete a driver education course in school.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow their insurance company to monitor driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your premiums.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-vehicle, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, good student, defensive driver, and membership and employees.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, good student, multi-policy, claim-free
- State Farm offers discounts for driver’s education, good student, passive restraint, safe vehicle, accident-free, and multiple policy.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including multi-car, good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, accident-free, type of vehicle, and low natural disaster claims.
- 21st Century discounts include theft prevention, air bags, good student, early bird, and 55 and older.
- Allstate has savings for resident student, anti-theft, safe driver, new car, teenSMART discount, and economy car.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not apply to policies in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Massachusetts, click here to view.
Exclusive or independent insurance agents
Many people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information gets sent to participating agents in Boston that provide free Boston car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Boston?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Boston?
When looking for a local agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Boston willing to provide comparison quotes.
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to check rates from independent agents for the best price selection. Most also have access to small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Boston willing to provide price quotes.
- Cavanaugh Insurance Agency
75 Boston-Providence Turnpike – Norwood, MA 02062 – (781) 762-3400 – View Map
- Richard Soohoo Insurance
1148 Washington St – Boston, MA 02118 – (617) 338-8168 – View Map
- Baltic Insurance Agency
597 E Broadway – South Boston, MA 02127 – (617) 268-6030 – View Map
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Who is covered when they drive my Kia Niro?
- Will my Kia Niro be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
What is the best auto insurance company in Massachusetts?
Ending up with the highest-rated insurer can be rather challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Boston. The company information in the next section could help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Overall
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
More effort can pay off
When buying insurance coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price.
Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. More affordable insurance in Boston is possible online as well as from independent agents in Boston, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
How to find cheaper quotes for Kia Niro insurance in Boston
The preferred way to find low-cost Kia Niro insurance in Boston is to regularly compare prices from insurers who sell auto insurance in Massachusetts.
- Spend some time learning about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. View prices
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Once received, store the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Boston? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)