The easiest way to find low-cost car insurance rates in Boston is to compare prices once a year from companies who provide car insurance in Massachusetts. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Read about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives additional tips to get lower rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year will probably switch insurance companies because of the good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent insurance study revealed that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved over $865 annually compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best rates on insurance is your goal, then learning about the best way to compare cheaper coverage can save time, money, and frustration.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Boston is really quite easy. Smart buyers just have to understand the proper methods to compare price quotes online from multiple companies.
Finding Saturn L300 insurance in Boston, Massachusetts
Getting a cheaper price on Saturn L300 insurance is an easy way to save money. Just spend a little time comparing rates to find out which insurance company has inexpensive Boston car insurance quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. Comparing Saturn L300 insurance rate quotes online eliminates the middleman unless you prefer the guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. Drivers can obtain prices from the web and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Massachusetts. If you want the cheapest auto insurance in Boston, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Protect your Saturn L300 and other assets
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Boston, insurance is required in Massachusetts but also provides important benefits.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Saturn at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $850 per year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Discounts for affordable auto insurance rates
Some providers don’t necessarily list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Boston car insurance online.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance with the same insurance company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
A few companies that may have these discounts include:
Check with every company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. For a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Boston, follow this link.
Independent or exclusive insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find lower prices and also buy local. Putting coverage with local agencies is especially important in Boston.
By using this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Boston that give free quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent instantly to you. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
The difference between Boston auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. Agents in Boston can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Both sell and service insurance coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences since it could factor into buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparing insurance prices, we recommend you compare prices from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Boston that may be able to provide free insurance quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Boston who can help you get comparison quotes.
Choosing the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Is my Saturn L300 covered if I use it for business?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Compare car insurance rates regularly to save
When searching for affordable Boston car insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Affordable Saturn L300 insurance in Boston is definitely available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- How Much is Boston Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Boston? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)