If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save money on car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Boston. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- First, read about how your policy works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices such as speeding and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, keep the new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
The most important part of this process is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Amazingly, about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in America could save $859 each year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Boston can be made easier if you know where to look. If you currently have insurance, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using the ideas covered in this article. Although Massachusetts consumers do need to learn the way insurance companies determine premium rates because rates are impacted by many factors.
Lower-cost Boston insurance rates with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be manually applied before being credited.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course teaching safe driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% because newer models are generally safer.
- Sign Online – Many companies will give a small break shop Boston auto insurance over the internet.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and safe vehicle.
- American Family offers discounts including mySafetyValet, good student, Steer into Savings, accident-free, and air bags.
- GEICO has savings for good student, multi-policy, daytime running lights, federal employee, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, student driver, theft prevention, driver training, and air bags.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and homeowner.
If you need inexpensive Boston auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Boston.
There are several ways of comparing rates from different companies. One of the best ways to find cheaper Land Rover LR3 rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Getting quotes online is very simple and it replaces the need to actually drive to different Boston agent offices. The ability to get quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you require the trained guidance of a licensed agent. However, consumers can compare the best prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
Keep in mind that comparing more quotes increases your odds of finding more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Massachusetts. To locate cheap car insurance in Boston, MA, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
When should I have guidance from a local insurance agent?
A lot of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Boston that can give you free Boston auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Boston for you
If you are wanting to find a good Boston insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agencies can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Boston that can give you price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage through many different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Boston that are able to give price quote information.
Sbhu Life Insurance Agency: Weinstein Keith
28 State St # 25 – Boston, MA 02109 – (617) 570-9519 – View Map
Massachusetts auto insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from a high-quality auto insurance company is difficult considering how many choices there are in Boston. The ranking data in the lists below can help you decide which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Overall
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
Persistence will pay off
When buying insurance coverage, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Boston is available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Boston auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not have online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to find cheap Land Rover LR3 insurance in Boston. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Boston auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting affordable Boston auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Versa in Boston? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Boston? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)