Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that a large majority of auto insurance policyholders kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in Boston could save themselves $590 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes.
Really, the only way to get low-cost Honda Clarity insurance in Boston is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers in Massachusetts.
Step 1: Try to comprehend what is in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a substandard credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for tips to prevent rate hikes and get bigger discounts.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your existing policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new company or agent. When you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One piece of advice is to use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you already have coverage or just want a better rate, follow these tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing coverage. This article will familiarize you with how insurance works and some tips to save money. Consumers just have to use the quickest way to find the lowest price instantly.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but others are less apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower premium levels.
The following are some of the things companies use to determine rates.
- Tickets increase rates – Having a clean driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Good drivers have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Only having one citation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have multiple citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to keep their license.
- Always keep your policy in place – Going without insurance is a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Massachusetts motor vehicle department.
- Small claims can cost you – If you are a frequent claim filer, you shouldn’t be surprised to get either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Massachusetts give cheaper rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
- Costs impacted by your city – Choosing to live in a small town can save you money when trying to find low car insurance rates. Residents of big cities regularly have congested traffic and more severe claims. Less people translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Age of drivers impacts rates – Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations. Beginning drivers have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- The type of vehicle makes a difference – The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a huge difference in your rates. Lower cost passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- How much liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you in the event that you are determined to be liable for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- Being married can save on insurance – Getting married may save some money on your insurance policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Be persistent to save money
Cheap Honda Clarity insurance in Boston is definitely available both online and from local agencies, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like high prices, policy cancellation, denial of a claim or policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
More detailed car insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Boston Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Versa in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Business Use in Boston? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)