Truthfully, the best way to get more affordable Dodge Ram insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Boston. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that drive up the price like your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for instructions to find cheap prices and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Ram coverage is available in Boston. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don't want you to compare rates. Drivers who shop around once a year are very likely to move their business because there is a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent study showed that people who regularly shopped around saved over $860 a year compared to drivers who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the best price on Dodge Ram insurance in Boston is your ultimate objective, then having some insight into the best way to shop and compare insurance coverage can make the process more efficient.
Compare free Boston Dodge Ram insurance rate quotes
To find low cost rates, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from many different Massachusetts insurance companies. The quickest method to lower the rate you pay for insurance consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies helps locate the best rates. Not every company allows you to get Boston Ram insurance quotes online, so you should also compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Boston, MA. To buy the best cheap car insurance in Boston, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Premium rates and analysis
The table shown next highlights a range of insurance prices for Dodge Ram models. Learning how insurance policy premiums are formulated can be useful when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$198||$296||$356||$22||$106||$978||$82|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$224||$362||$356||$22||$106||$1,070||$89|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$224||$362||$356||$22||$106||$1,070||$89|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$224||$362||$356||$22||$106||$1,070||$89|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$224||$362||$356||$22||$106||$1,070||$89|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$224||$362||$356||$22||$106||$1,070||$89|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$224||$362||$356||$22||$106||$1,070||$89|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$224||$362||$356||$22||$106||$1,070||$89|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$224||$362||$356||$22||$106||$1,070||$89|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$250||$426||$356||$22||$106||$1,160||$97|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$250||$426||$356||$22||$106||$1,160||$97|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$250||$426||$356||$22||$106||$1,160||$97|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$250||$426||$356||$22||$106||$1,160||$97|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$250||$426||$356||$22||$106||$1,160||$97|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$250||$426||$356||$22||$106||$1,160||$97|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$250||$426||$356||$22||$106||$1,160||$97|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$250||$426||$356||$22||$106||$1,160||$97|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$250||$426||$356||$22||$106||$1,160||$97|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$250||$490||$356||$22||$106||$1,224||$102|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$250||$490||$356||$22||$106||$1,224||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Massachusetts minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can alter price quotes substantially.
The information below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Dodge Ram annual premium costs for each age group. The data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Dodge Ram insurance premiums by gender
The diagram below shows the difference between Dodge Ram insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Dodge Ram liability-only versus full coverage
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive rule of when to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Dodge Ram claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing in excess of $300 a year for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Why you need quality insurance for your Dodge Ram
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Ram insurance, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Massachusetts these limits are 20/40/5 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge Ram, it's guaranteed your bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Dodge Ram Insurance Premiums Can Be Lower
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get cheaper rates.
The following are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- Lower rates for safer vehicles - Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Dodge Ram scored at minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
- Vocation stress can affect rates - Occupations such as military personnel, social workers, and financial analysts generally pay higher rates than average in part from job stress and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, professions such as professors, students and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Raising physical damage deductibles lowers prices - Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Can a thief steal your car? - Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent vehicle theft.
Obey driving laws and save - How you drive has a huge affect on how much you pay. Having a single chargeable violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers who have careless citations like DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can raise Dodge Ram car insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
- Get better rates if married - Getting married actually saves money on insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and it's proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Will just any policy work for me?
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Which auto insurance company is best in Boston?
Selecting the top car insurance company is hard considering how many companies there are to choose from in Massachusetts. The company ratings shown below can help you select which car insurance companies to look at comparing price quotes from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Persistent drivers can save
Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced insurance in Boston can be found on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection.
As you quote Boston auto insurance, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut collision coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented a lot of information how to shop for Dodge Ram insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company.
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Students in Boston? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)