It takes a little time, but the best way to find discount car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies that sell auto insurance in Boston. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as inattentive driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for instructions to get cheaper rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Accord Hybrid coverage is available. If you find better rates and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, store the proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of this process is to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Astonishing but true, a large majority of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many consumers in Boston could save almost $600 every year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to take the time to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
Affordable companies for Honda Accord Hybrid insurance
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Boston, MA. To locate the cheapest auto insurance in Massachusetts, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Honda Accord Hybrid Insurance Rates Can Be Reduced
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that go into determining your policy premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
Shown below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
- How many miles do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your Honda every year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most insurance companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your policy states the correct usage, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your Accord Hybrid can result in significantly higher rates.
- Keep auto insurance rates low by being claim-free – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Massachusetts provide most affordable rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Where you call home plays a part – Living in less populated areas has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Save money with good credit – A driver’s credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay. If your credit rating is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Honda Accord Hybrid by improving your credit score. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- With age comes lower premiums – Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a young driver onto a policy can break the bank. Older people are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Bundle policies with the same company – Many auto insurance companies will give discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Save money with theft deterrents – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
Honda Accord Hybrid historical loss data – Auto insurance companies use past insurance losses to help determine rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates. The data below shows the actual insurance loss data for Honda Accord Hybrid vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Honda Accord Hybrid Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Accord Hybrid 96 80 98 89 76 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can get you a discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Anti-theft System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount when getting a Boston car insurance quote.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
Large auto insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO offers discounts for drive less, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, multi-car, accident prevention training, and homeowner.
- American Family offers discounts including early bird, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, air bags, and mySafetyValet.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, and accident-free.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, military active duty, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, and seat belt use.
- The Hartford has savings for driver training, anti-theft, air bag, bundle, good student, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer free Honda Accord Hybrid insurance quotes in Massachusetts, click this link.
Local Boston insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Boston.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Boston who will give you bids for your business. There is no need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Two different types of auto insurance agents
When researching a local Boston insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies that you can select. Boston agents may be either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with many different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Boston who may be able to give you price quote information.
Massamont Insurance Agency Inc
280 Summer St – Boston, MA 02210 – (617) 478-5205 – View Map
These agents can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Boston that are able to give price quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Boston?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Boston?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Boston?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
Insurance agents can help
When selecting a policy, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions may help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Massachusetts?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Honda Accord Hybrid?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- What if I total my Honda Accord Hybrid and owe more than it’s worth?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
One last thing about your coverage
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone dropped full coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
We covered some good ideas how you can shop for Honda Accord Hybrid insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Cheap Boston Car Insurance Rates for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Boston Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)