If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from insurers in Boston. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- First, read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies. Start a quote
- Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Regrettably, almost 70% of insureds kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. With the average premium in Massachusetts being $1,430, drivers can cut their rates by as much as 45% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand the benefits if they changed companies.
Choosing the best rates in Boston is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Basically, anyone who is required to buy insurance will be able to cut their insurance bill. But Massachusetts vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use it to your advantage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount very well, so the list below details a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a class that teaches defensive driving techniques can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Student in College – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Boston and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current XL-7 insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member can result in better premium rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for anti-theft, air bag, good student, bundle, driver training, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
- American Family discounts include TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, early bird, defensive driver, and air bags.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and good student.
- Travelers offers discounts for driver training, IntelliDrive, good student, home ownership, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including teen driver, multi-car, distant student, good student, youthful driver, early shopping, and business and professional.
- USAA may include discounts for military installation, good student, annual mileage, defensive driver, and new vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new graduate, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, multi-car, and new move discount.
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to view auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Massachusetts, click here to view.
All major car insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get pricing directly from their websites. Getting quotes for Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Boston is pretty easy as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, the system automatically retrieves information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote based on the information you submitted.
Using the web to get rates for Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Boston makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the cheapest possible prices on car insurance.
To save time and find out how much you can save on car insurance, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter the coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you will have comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Massachusetts. If your goal is to find the best auto insurance in MA, we recommend you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is medical payments coverage?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- What happens if I owe more than my Suzuki XL-7 is worth?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Does my Suzuki XL-7 qualify for pleasure use?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Boston insurance agents?
Some people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Boston who will give you quotes to get your business. You never need to do any legwork because prices are sent to the email address you provide. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best provider should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How long has the business existed?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Boston?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance policy providers are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Boston who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Abner Joseph
571 Dudley St Ste A – Boston, MA 02125 – (617) 442-9490 – View Map
- AAA Boston
125 High St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 443-9300 – View Map
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to compare prices from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Most also write with companies you’ve never heard of which can save you money.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Boston that can give you rate quotes.
- Richard Soohoo Insurance
1148 Washington St – Boston, MA 02118 – (617) 338-8168 – View Map
- Cecil N Marchionne Insurance Agency, Inc
506 Main St – Medford, MA 02155 – (781) 391-7100 – View Map
- Alan J Ross Insurance Agency Inc
225 Franklin St – Boston, MA 02110 – (617) 449-9413 – View Map
Ratings for Boston car insurance companies
Selecting the best insurance company can be challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Boston. The company information below could help you analyze which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Boston Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
Keep this in mind when shopping around
We’ve covered a lot of information how to save on Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Boston. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Suzuki XL-7 rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
Low-cost Suzuki XL-7 insurance in Boston can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Boston, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver and unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easier than you think.
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Boston? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Boston Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)